Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wat 120hz moniter to get

• Please log in to reply

davidcooke15

davidcooke15

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have been looking at reviews on 120hz monitors all day and have not settled on a monitor brand or series yet. Wat would you recommend for a 120hz monitor 24 inch.

Advertisements

howtheflip

howtheflip

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Not trying to bash on 120hz monitors, but in most cases, the human eye cannot even see over 30hz, and many standard monitors now are at about 60mz. I'm not sure there is a price difference between the monitors, but if there is, don't limit your choices just to 120hz. Also, if your computer cannot run the games at 120fps, there is no point to buy a monitor that has such a high frame rate cap. In my opinion, look around for any cheap monitor that has at least a 1920x1080 resolution, good viewing angles, and low input lag so that the monitor is responsive and does not ghost when fast actions are being performed (2ms is usually the best, but 5ms is good too). It would also help to know what your budget is to help recommend some good ones.