Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processor problems? Computer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

ohgodhowdidthisgethere

ohgodhowdidthisgethere

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
For the past few months, my computer has been freezing ALL the time. It will be 100% unusable for 5-10 minutes, after which it will start working again.

I've gotten rid of some malware, but this has not solved the problem. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it has something to do with my processors.
How can I check whether or not my processors are behaving normally?

And if it would be a processor problem, how could I solve it?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello ohgodhowdidthisgethere

I note that you were receiving assistance on the malware forum but the topic was closed due to lack of feedback http://www.geekstogo...es/page__st__15 until your computer has been given the all clear of malware we cannot help you on these forums in case malware is still present, please request that your malware topic is reopened and allow gringo_pr to complete the work that was started, if the issue is still present after you have been given the all clear return to this topic and we will be happy to help.