Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer hang, beeping sounds when restarts

• Please log in to reply

Transparos

Transparos

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all, been experiencing this problem recently hope that people here can help. When my computer hangs, and I restarts, there will be beeping sounds. Sorry I didn't knew that I need to count the beep sounds to know the problem until I google it now. I am running on windows 7. And my motherboard is biostar tp67b+ if I not wrong. Thanks for all the help again

Advertisements

Transparos

Transparos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i did some research on my own and found that i am using amibios. the problems come back irregularly, sometimes when it hangs and when i try restart it, it will keep giving out a beep beep beep sound that is too many to count.. i am unable to count how many times it beep together because it is like a recurring loop. i check the internet, for amibios it's only 10 short beeps maximum? but if i keep force restart it.. after like pressing the restart button manually few times, it will success boot up.. it's like totally random.. can any experts advise? i am prepare to even take a video down the sounds of the beep when it occurs again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Transparos

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

You possibly have a memory issue that may be resolved by removing and reseating the Ram stick/s and once we have the required information we can advise you on how to check this.

Transparos

Transparos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hello, i am using a custom build desktop... it's a i5 2500k sandy bridge processor, gtx 570 graphic card, 2x4gb ram, 1 tb samsung harddisk, biostar tp67b+ motherboard and a crucial ssd.

so, the constant beeping sound means that the ram not seating well and it is not related to the amibios code? i have not try to open up my pc yet anyway since now the problem have been gone. but if the problems comes again, i will open it up and reseat the rams again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Thanks for the update, it will also help us if you provide the brand and model name or number of the PSU, to help with checking the Ram see below;

http://www.crucial.c...stall/dimm.aspx

How to physically test your Ram.

The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket and take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case.

Have a pencil and notepad to hand.
Remove each stick of Ram and blow out the memory slots.
Insert the first stick of Ram in memory slot one, reconnect the power and in the case of a desktop computer the video to screen cable.
Power up the computer and see how it goes.
Make a note of the results.
Repeat the procedure until the first stick of Ram has been tested in each memory slot and the results written down.
Remove the first stick of Ram and put it to one side on top of a piece of paper with the number one on it for identification purposes.
Repeat the procedure with all Ram until each stick has been tested in all slots, the results written down and the sticks identified numerically.
Please note that some MBs (motherboards) will not boot unless there is Ram in slot one so please refer to the MB user manual for guidance if necessary.

The BIOS beeps are to help you to identify the problem component and not the cause of the issue, reseating the Ram often resolves such error beeps and is relatively easy for even the novice user to do.

Transparos

Transparos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok thanks, i will try it if i get any problem again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:thumbsup: