Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag in CoD UO

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi. I have been playing CoD UO MP for years.
I never used to get lag when someone fired a PPSH or other auto at me. Just recently it happens all the time.
I only get 60fps at the best of times, when confronted with an auto it drops to about 35 fps.
My broadband speed is the best it's ever been and i have a decent vid card. Quad core processor.
I can't be certain if this problem coincided with the installation of the new vid card (Radeon R6870) but it is pretty close.
I have all the game settings set to low (you don't need high settings in UO) Sync every frame is 'off'.
Just can't seem to make sense of it. Now everything on my pc is better than it ever was i suddenly get this problem.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
It's ok. I think i have it sorted. I have 'sync every frame' off in the main menu but i didn't have it off in the AWE-UO server i was playing in.
Must have had that set right when i first played but after a re-installation of the game didn't set it back where necessary.
Running at around 225fps now :thumbsup: