Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

advent roma 4001 wont boot up

• Please log in to reply

liamdion1

liamdion1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi can anyone help? i dropped my advent roma 4001 this morning and now it wont load up. it will come on and at the bottom of the page it gives me codes f2 set up f12 multi boot menu up f8 system recovery from there it goes to windows loading files but wont go any further i've tried doing a syetem recovery by repeatedly pressing the f8 botton upon doing this i get a blepping tone and at the bottom of the blank screen says system reboot but again gos back to screen saying windows loading files and stays in that state i've left in this state for 30 minutes and it just stays like this till i turn the laptop off please help thank you

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
It could well be Liam that your hard disk or memory has become loosened in the fall so simply turn the laptop over, having first possessed yourself of some, for want of a better word, jewellers screwdrivers, and unscrew both the Hard drive bay and the memory bay.

SODIMMS (laptop memory) are not mounted like the memory in a desktop and usually never come loose but have a look at the hard drive as it may just need a slight push to realign it.

Get back to us if this not suffice.

liamdion1

liamdion1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi thanks for your reply i've taken the covers of at the back and thay look o.k. however i still give the hard drive a slight press down just to make sure. is there anything else you can suggest thanks again.