Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error code 43 GPU

• Please log in to reply

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Pip
  • 8 posts
okay so just about 30mins ago my computer got a blue screen and restarted. When it started to boot up red lines were running across my monitor so i looked at device management and found that my Nvidia Geforce Gtx 570 got an error code 43.

I've uninstalled the driver & re-install, that didn't work.

please help!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Do you have an option to plug the monitor into an onboard GPU?

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
nope

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok shut the machine down and unplug it.

Remove the side of the machine and once you have earthed yourself by touching the metal case remove the GPU and try and give the fan a good blow out with a can of compressed air and then replace it, you can give the whole machine a good clean while you are at it too.

Reconnect everything and reboot and see if it is ok, if not then the card could be down the toilet.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 30 December 2012 - 06:26 AM.

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Alright ill try it tomorrow night.
I've only had this card for about 3-4 months though doubt it got fried since I got 5 fans running on medium power

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Also only had my system for about 3-4 months it's pretty much brand new

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well let us know how you go on please Bhuynh4 :)

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
blowing out the fan didn't work
also tried a usb bios flashback, that didn't work either

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Is this machine hand built or store bought because if it's the latter then send it back to the manufacturers as it should still be under guarantee.

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hand built but my video card has a 2-3 year warranty i believe so i'll be sending it back soon

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
could my power supply not be delivering enough voltages which is why my GPU dies out?

asus sabertooth z77
intel i7 3770
evga geforce gtx 570
ultra 650 watt PS
antec 902 v3 comes with 4 fans
rosewill 120mm case fan

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Your PSU should be perfectly adequate as the minimum needed is a 550w PSU.

GeForce GTX 570 Specifications

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
If I may chime in with a couple of suggestions folks;

These are list in the order of how long each will take, the Speedfan results will give us something to look over meanwhile;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Next test the video card itself http://www.sevenforu...-test-occt.html

Finally if not already done enable Driver Verifier and see if you get a blue screen http://www.sevenforu...le-disable.html if the system does blue screen the dump file should identify the driver that caused it.

bhuynh4

bhuynh4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted Image

Edited by bhuynh4, 01 January 2013 - 09:40 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Temps are ok but the voltage readings are inconclusive, run HWMonitor and again provide a screenshot for us http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Can you please only provide the requested screenshot/s and any test results to avoid cluttering the screen, thanks.

How did testing the video card and Driver Verifier work out.