Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with format-keyboard doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hello. I want to do format to my pc but i can't boot from cd to because my keyboad doesn't work when i am on boot menu. when my PC start up my keyboard works and I can get in in boot menu or to get in bios but if I get in boot menu it doesn't work... I changed the priority from boot devices and I maked the cd the first boot device but is says to me to press any key to boot from CD i press but my keyboard doesn't work. And I can open my PC because the last time it doesn't close normal and it goes to the menu to choose betwin the normal and safe mode but i can't choose because there my keyboard doesn't work... I need help.
thank you!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
:welcome:

You're not running a wireless keyboard are you?

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have try and with wireless and with cable and it is the same....

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Do you have another keyboard that you can try Giannis?

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yes!! the same...

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok so you seem to have had some kind of fault resulting in not being able to access items via the keyboard.

Did you manage to change the bios to the cdrom drive as first boot before this happened and is your operating system XP?

Edited by Wolfeymole, 30 December 2012 - 11:30 AM.

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In bios my keybord work and changed it the cd rom as first boot today. this problem with the keyboard I have it about one year...

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok then have you tried shutting down and rebooting and as it is rebooting putting the operating system disk in the drive.

It should then install.

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It doesn't work because it ask for me to press any key to boot from cd and I press but I can't... I have change it to first, second and third boot device the CDROM but it continues to ask to press any key to boot from cd..

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
If you can alter things in the bios using the keyboard then there should be no reason why it does not work when it asks you to "Press any key".

Unless anyone else has ideas all I can suggest at this moment is to obtain a new keyboard.

giannisdoukas

giannisdoukas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have allready try with differents keyboards and it 's doing the same problem...