Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fbi moneypak virus, Help ! [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

latina007

latina007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello i am completely new to this and recently my sis has started streaming movies, i am not sure which website just yet (as in fact this is her laptop) and suddenly a that piece of **** fbi warning- moneypak came on the screen and she almost paid i knocked some sense into her literally. saying that this is a scam because is fbi really wanted you then they would come and get you ! and it actually wouldn't let me do anything. i just unplugged the laptop because once its unplugged it turns off (she needs a new battery, but that not my concern right now)Yes i had googled but i don't really understand what i am reading (i am doing this on my laptop)I do not know what is system restore or system recovery is ! and also she and i also have a lot of photos on this and i don't want to do something that would mess that up (because i am a photo-freak) What are the first steps of getting of this !!!!! and explain in detail please !!! Thank you .

P.s is windows vista i think, i am not sure how to check that and also its a H.p laptop- internet explorer and she had avg, and malwarebytes but both of these hasnt been updated sense it was installed on the dec. 20 (she never updates anything, ima do it from now on) i think. and this is the second time its happened. she only streams and goes on netflix now, so please help. again thank you

oh and also at the end of this which is safer to use internet expolorer, firefox, chrome?( but chrome streaming is horrible even from netflix, its distorted, and audio - video don't match !) and again again thank u

Edited by latina007, 31 December 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi can you get to safe mode on the laptop ?

Reboot the computer and immediately press and hold F8
If a menu appears select Safe Mode with Networking

Download OTL to your Desktop
Secondary link
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

Posted Image
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    BASESERVICES
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    services.*
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    winsock.*
    /md5stop
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Post both logs

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.