Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc wont start cant get past error screen

• Please log in to reply

veron1981

veron1981

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi there as my topic title says i cannot start my brand new medion pc tje following messgae screen appears

windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

this error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external usb drive while the device is in use. or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or cd-rom drive that is failing. make sure any removable storage is properly connected and restart your computer.

if you continue to recieve this error message contact your hardware manufacturer.

File:\boot\bcd

info: an unexpected I/O error has occured

i am using my sons laptop to post this as i cannot get past this error screen. also to add the only usb ports i use are for my optical mouse and keyboard and i havent made any changes to the computer appart from install microsoft updates that were for the security of my pc.

i am running windows 7 os

many thanks

Advertisements