Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Fon problem

• Please log in to reply

Lag1rich

Lag1rich

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi all, I am having connection problems with BT Fon, after logging in it will allow me access for around 2 hours then automatically disconnects!

How can I stop this? After it disconnects I try connecting to the same "BTWiFi-with-fon" which has 3-4 bar strength but it just wont!! A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it, appears in front of the 2 monitors on the net work icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen in vista.

I have tied all the resetting ideas in windows diagnostics but nothing works,The only way at the moment that i can re-connect is by shutting down and re-starting windows Vista

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, Richard

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello Lag1rich

I may be way of the beaten track here but having read your OP it sounded familiar to a previous topic that I helped with somewhere, the exact details I cannot recall but have you checked that you have not reached your monthly BT connection limit, this should be explained in the package arrangement that you have with BT, look for the Fair Usage Policy agreement, from memory though I seem to recall that the person was automatically logged out after 30 minutes or an hour though.

In case it is another type of problem, if you click on the yellow triangle/exclamation mark does it give you any message.

Lag1rich

Lag1rich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi all I get is this:-

Posted Image

And they s no connection limits to it, I have tried on another PC and it wont even connect all I get is the yellow triangle as in above picture..