Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using a proxy to appear from a particular destination

• Please log in to reply

Tristoooo

Tristoooo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to use a proxy to appear to be browsing from a particular location (Richmond, Virginia). I'm able to mask my IP using one of the many free proxy sites available, but none that I have found allow you to choose a general area to appear to be browsing from.

My preferred browser is Google chrome where I have attempted to use the proxy settings in:

Settings > Change proxy settings > Connections (tab) > Lan Settings (button at bottom)

And then proceeding to paste the IP address I wish to appear as and the port number. The problem I'm having is finding a proxy that will let me load webpages.

I considered the proxy at:

http://www.proxybrid...7#axzz2GgeSnpvQ

But the payment screen was in Russian and I didn't feel it was credible nor was I able to fill in the payment form.

Just wondering if it's possible to appear as a particular IP address using a proxy and if anyone knows how it can be done? Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Also my Chrome version is Version 23.0.1271.97 m and I would be happy to use any other browsers on Windows if it's simpler to solve the problem.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Try Ultrasurf Tristooo

http://ultrasurf.us/

Edited by Wolfeymole, 01 January 2013 - 08:44 AM.