Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intelligent IQ - Programs Will Not Run [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joseph456

joseph456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Thanks Josh.

Do you see any problem with leaving 7-zip on my computer knowing I cannot remove it? (Unless there is a way to remove it manually).

Any chance this is a "rogue" program. How would I know if it was something to be concerned about?

Your opinion of Microsoft Security Essentials? I used to have AVG installed. Is Avast better?

Edited by joseph456, 08 January 2013 - 06:04 PM.

Advertisements

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts

Do you see any problem with leaving 7-zip on my computer knowing I cannot remove it? (Unless there is a way to remove it manually).

Nope 7-zip will just idly reside in your Windows install.

Any chance this is a "rogue" program. How would I know if it was something to be concerned about?

Where did you download the program from? If it is a legitimate site like download.com or cnet there is nothing to worry about.

Your opinion of Microsoft Security Essentials? I used to have AVG installed. Is Avast better?

PC Magcurrently rates AVG 2013 as the free antivirus of choice.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
I actually just talked with some of my colleagues and they recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

joseph456

joseph456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Thanks Josh. That is what I have on now. So I will leave it alone.

7-zip was downloaded from InstallIQ. Offers a lot of toolbars which you have to avoid. Should have gone to SourceForge.

Was able to do OTL Clean Up with no problem.

Thanks for the followup.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Any more questions? If not I will mark this thread as complete.
Take Care,
Josh

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.