Do I have Spyware or Malware? : ( [Solved]
Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:49 PM
Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 AM
My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.
I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us
- Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.
- Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
- Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
- Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop
- Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
- Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply
information and logs
- In your next post I need the following
- both reports from DDS
- report from security check
- let me know of any problems you may have had
Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:35 PM
48 Hour bump
It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.
- do you still need help with this?
- do you need more time?
- are you having problems following my instructions?
- if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!
Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:04 AM
Oh and I thought this site would email me when i got a response, but i received it at 11:30 1/04/13. A bit late.
Edited by AmyLauren, 05 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.
Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users