Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows IE 10

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I have recently gotten a HP laptop. It had Windows 7 on it and I downloaded Windows 10. Now I find myself unable to move material to Windows 10. Installed memory (RAM): 4.00GB 64-bit Operating System. All I want is information on how to get my favorites and email addresses moved. I have read what they have listed and it is confusing. Could use some help here. Thank you.

Advertisements

SecurityMaster

SecurityMaster

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Windows 10? Do you mean IE10? or can you show proof?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I did mean IE 10 but I no longer have it on my Laptop. I really need to quit listening to my grandchildren and just leave things the way they are suppose to be. Time Warner puts Firefox on my desktop for it is suppose to be so much better than Internet Explorer. Then I have tried to update my laptop and now have a mess. All I want is to have a system I can use. My question now is, can I go back and download 7 again? I do not want 8. I was offered this when we got the laptop and was told it was very confusing and that I really don't need for I get that way so easily. If you can tell me how to get 7 back on then I will be happy and will leave the laptop as it was when we bought it. Thank you for your time and what do you want me to prove?

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
You've got us all confused. You mean you downloaded Windows 8 & want to go back to 7? You can't download it for free. That would be illegal.

Or do you want to go back a version of Internet Explorer?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hello, I can understand why you all are confused. I was very much the same way. I have not been using my laptop for it confuses me. I knew I did not want to update to 8. I was told that another way would help me out. I tried and tried and quit. I can't use the laptop for my card shop for my printer will not print from it. There seems to be so much that I am suppose to do on the laptop that I have no idea how to do it. Just confused so I put it away. I imagine someone who knew what they were doing would enjoy the laptop. Thank you for your response. So sorry to have confused you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I got my laptop out and was working at different things. I would so love to use this for I got it to put card shops on and not have to worry about nor enough space to use. I want to stay with windows 7. Not ready for 8. Maybe down the road I will be but not now. I can get my updated for free for that was part of the deal I got when I bought the laptop. Yet, I do believe that it will only be a short time for me to do so. No matter. Just not ready for it. Would love to get Foxfire on or Goggle Chrome. That would be getting rid of IE10. As I checked things out on the laptop I see it to be a great computer. Would love to learn more about it so I could use it. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you....

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Sharon.

If you install Firefox which in my opinion is the best browser out there it won't get shut of IE 10, it will simply replace it as your browser.

You don't need to mess about reinstalling Windows 7 etc.

Stick with Firefox and you won't go far wrong.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I shall do that. Thank you. You agree with Time Warner about Firefox. Now if I could get my card shops to download so they would print from my printer, I would be all set.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Long gone are the days when certain web sites would open with Internet Explorer only thank God.

You're welcome Sharon but please make a separate topic with regard to the printing aspect.

Thank you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Thank you for the help. I will post about the printer and see what comes of it. I did that before and I just never got it to work. Have a wonderful week.