Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatting PC, new graphics card, reformat will install drivers for

• Please log in to reply

fatalen

fatalen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using Acer's erecovery system to format my pc to factory settings, This will mean it will have the drivers for my old graphics card, an nvidia geforce GT320, but my current graphics card is an nvidia MSI geforce GTX440.
I have the disc for the new card but I'm not sure how to install the drivers, or what will happen upon reformat, I don't have the old graphics card any more because it just doesn't work at all.
How should I go about doing this?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you format and install it will use generic drivers for your video card. Once in Windows you can insert the disk for the new GPU and then install the driver from there.
The drivers disk for the new card should autorun when you insert it in your cdrom drive.