Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio issues?

• Please log in to reply

Octopicake

Octopicake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently just fixed a problem with a video card after I took it out and used some compressed air to clean it out

When I plugged it back in, I noticed my speakers were making a distorted crackling sound when I was watching a video on youtube with Chrome. I was assuming at the time it was my speakers, so I unplugged them and plugged them back in. Now the computer isn't detecting it anymore, it turns on but it's not doing the sound. On top of that, I found out the sound is still crackling and so forth through my headphones. I tried using Firefox, and I noticed the audio doesn't crack or slow down, nor does the video. However, even on certain games like League of Legends the sound isn't coming through at all.

I've updated my sound card (Which is the motherboard, I can't replace it due to it being attached.) and my video card (Nvidia GeForce GT 220) and to no avail I cannot find a single solution. I did a Memory check, and Disk Check and nothing came up. I cannot figure out whats wrong at all. Here's my DxDiag.

http://pastebin.com/zK9rEvcE

Edited by Octopicake, 03 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Advertisements