Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS splash screen hangs up

• Please log in to reply

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
OK guys, I’ve got a custom build acting up on me. When I reboot the machine, it hangs on the first BIOS splash screen for like a minute and a half whereas before it would flash on the screen for just a few seconds and then boot on up. It does still boot after that minute and a half of hang time, but it worries me because it just started this a few days ago. There are 2 newer BIOS updates available for this MOBO, but I’m not sure flashing the BIOS right now when it’s acting up is a good idea. There is one more thing, and I don’t know if it’s important or not, but when using any web browser, some pages will not load. I can surf and see most everything I click on, but then all of a sudden, I click on a link and it says it can’t find the page. I checked the same sites and pages on a different machine, and they load just fine. So I cleaned all cache and temp files, reload browser, went back to those pages, and they loaded. But it would only work for a little while, and then it starts all over again. I’ve run virus scans and found nothing. Other than these issues, the system is working fine once it boots up and is running.

System specs;
Windows 7 Professional
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz 8Core Processor
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
COOLER MASTER GX Series 750W Power Supply

Advertisements

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
You can close this post. I don't know how, but I fixed it.