Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new HDD

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

You're welcome mate and please do. :thumbsup:

Feel free to click on the Rep+ in my posts at any time. :lol:

:lol: ..i do that as much as i can but i get this message " action failed..you have reached your quota of positive votes for the day "...otherwise i'd click all of them as they are all helpfull ( seems a bit silly to me, but theres obviously a reason for it)

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
How obscure however no matter.

Just get back to us is all we ask my Plymouth brother. :thumbsup:

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

How obscure however no matter.

Just get back to us is all we ask my Plymouth brother. :thumbsup:

that i will my friend, that i will :thumbsup: ...ttfn

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Every time you give me a vote, I get 1 cent. Every time you give him a vote, he gets $1, so They limit how much he gets in a day. Posted Image

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Every time you give me a vote, I get 1 cent. Every time you give him a vote, he gets $1, so They limit how much he gets in a day. Posted Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
i hate this [bleep] thing....eRovery manager isnt working, i clik on it and nothing, ive run it as administrator..nothing..
am i missing something or is this machine just being deliberatly obstructive..

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
It should work mate so uninstall it in Programs and Features (Add/Remove) and then download this from Softpedia and install it.

http://www.softpedia...anagement.shtml

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

It should work mate so uninstall it in Programs and Features (Add/Remove) and then download this from Softpedia and install it.

http://www.softpedia...anagement.shtml

could not find it in programs and features so installed the softpedia one anyway...and i get this..

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok dump that mate and go here to Acer itself and download the top Acer eRecovery Management application in the list..

It is version 2.4.4304

Not sure if this link will work...

http://support.acer....aspx?modelId=50

EDIT: It does so click on the Applications tab and look for what I have just mentioned.

Edited by Wolfeymole, 06 January 2013 - 10:25 AM.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
nice one mate, that fixed it and the discs are done...i'll be back when the new drive arrives..thanks again bud :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
That's good to hear mate, please do. :thumbsup:

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
vistasucks,

One thing you might want to be careful of is that Acer partitions the drive by default into 2 partitions of equal size. It makes a system partition and a secondary "data" partition, each using half of the total drive space. In most cases, the second partition goes un-used as by default most programs install to the system partition. It looks like you may have run into this before:

.my problem is that this thing regularly runs low on operating space..its was down to 850 mb at one point which your excellent colleague macboatmaster helped me with ( re partitioned the drive )..

So check to see if the eRecovery software gives you the option of partitioning the drive yourself in when performing the recovery, although IIRC, it does not. If you get through the recovery and find that is has re-partitioned the new physical disk into 2 logical drives, then you can follow the instructions that macboatmaster gave you to re-partition it back to 1 large drive again.

Let us know if you need more help once the new disk drive comes in. :)

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi mate...IIRC having read some stuff on the acer site when i downloaded Erocovery manager, Erecovery manager isnt transferred with the boot discs i made, i have to download and install it again so i suppose it cant re partition the drive as it wont be there...i was just wondering however, when i fire up the new drive, i take it it will be empty , then i put the boot disc in the player, will the cd player work as there wont be any drivers for it :confused: or am i worrying about nothing.....
regards
nige
:thumbsup:

P.S...i'll be needing LOTS of help when the new drive comes in, should be tomorrow or friday so i'll fit it on saturday

Edited by vistasucks, 09 January 2013 - 01:35 PM.

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
It will be fine. The drivers are only so that the OS can interface with the drive, the computer itself will use the drive firmware for direct access. It should see that there is no OS on the drive so it will force a boot off of the CD and into the eRecovery program on the disks.

We'll be here to assist you when the time comes to perform the re-installation. :cool:

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
thanks for the info mate, one less thing to worry about :lol:
HDD arrived today so will be ready on saturday, if i can charge the lappy, cos now the charging jack is acting up :rolleyes: