Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not Getting Anything

• Please log in to reply

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I have an HP computer that is not booting. It was asleep and when I tried to wake it it would not wake up so I had to shut it down. When I turn it on I do not get anything. It goes to the DVD and the HD light blips a few times but nothing. No beeps, the monitor does not have anything and goes to sleep. I have to just turn it off. I unplugged all but the monitor, keyboard and mouse and get the same results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

RiverMiss

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
This issue sounds like a dead power supply unit to me RiverMiss or at the very least it's offering just enough power to the board to make a few lights flicker.

Turn the machine round so you can see the back of the power supply and reboot looking to see if the PSU fan spins up and then get back to us.