Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

• Please log in to reply

Evol

Evol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First let me say that I have searched many forums and threads with similar titles to this one, but so far have found no remedy that has worked. Please help!

The Problem: I am frequently getting an "Interactive Services Detection" message that says "A program running on this computer is trying to display a message." When I click on "view the message" it takes me to a light blue screen with an error message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. The message always says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." It never says what application however. I have tried downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)from here (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555) but I still have the problem. I have uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ and then re-installed it as well. I have also tried a clean boot, but was still unable to determine what was causing the problem. So far I have been unable to find any suggestions online other than the ones I just mentioned.

I tried doing a system restore point to a time before the problem was occurring and before my new printer was installed, but it didn't fix anything (This really baffled me). I had a hunch the problem was related my new HP printer that I recently installed. My printer has stopped working properly, and I have seen others post with similar issues after installing a new HP printer. So I decided to uninstall my printer. The problem still occurs. I then tried to re-install my printer, but every time I try the error message pops up multiple times before the printer software finally says it was unable to install. The only other thing I can think of is I recently hooked up an external hard drive around the same time as the printer. There was no software for the hard drive however. It is simply plug and play through a USB port. It says it is compatible with XP and Vista but makes no mention of Windows 7. The drive still works fine, but in order to check if it was causing the problem I unplugged it and restarted my comp only to receive the same error message. I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

Advertisements