Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot get past security warning

• Please log in to reply

islandcat

islandcat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Tried before with this laptop and now giving it one last try. I have a bad feeling virus scan has not been working or there is some major corruption. When you try to open any program its goes to 'choose the program you want to use to open this file. Internet Exp. Adobe or Notepad. If you choose one it takes me to 'File Download-Security Warning' then do you want to run or save this file? Either choice you go back to the first question. I cannot run a scan because I cannot get any further than this. This is my daughters laptop who tends to keep clicking on anything in an effort to make it work. I have tried it in safe mode, gone through all the set up etc. Is there any easy answer to this. Thanks again for any help.

Advertisements

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Just to add ran OTL and it scanned but did not offer a report. No luck with ARO, no luck with VIPRE-rescue. Same Malware bytes. Read that I could replace IE with firefox but of course cant get past 'Do you want to Run or Save' and what program? If I could just get past that I could run some clean up or scan programs but it isnt working that way.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
back on my own thread I started. After trying to save device through various options I now have nothing left. A risk I was ready to take. To start now I get no bootable device. Insert disk or press any key it appears I did a good job of killing the hard drive. Good bye laptop. But as usual I did learn from this. Thanks again. I do believe their virus scan ran out and they never noticed and let it go.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,090 posts
If it's a Windows 7 computer, you can download a legal .iso of the version you nedd and install it using the product key on the COA sticker on the laptop.

Download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.