Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Someone is tracking...

• Please log in to reply

cuzzle

cuzzle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My girlfriend has an ipad she uses a lot, but her brother is tracking her and what she is viewing i believe. Is there a way so he doesn't view what websites she is on, so she can have her privacy? I think he may be using the router as an admin, and maybe a software to view what she is doing. any solution...?

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Good Evening:

The thing that I would do first, if possible is to get into the router and change the username and password from the default of (usually 'admin' and change the password to something you and she both know, but the tracker does not. I believe that if you can change the password and the username that the admin user logs in with, that would help. You could also change the SSID of the network you use, or better yet, change the password to your network so that it is different then what it was, and that way, he could not connect to her network at all.

But, you could also ask her to ask her brother what his reason is for "tracking" her - There is no reason that anyone should be using someone's network without their knowledge - The way to stop this is to password protect your access point with a security key, and some routers have 2-3 different keys to choose from. If your device can connect using WPA, WPA2, or TKIP this is more secure then WEP.

Hope this helps ;)

Brian