Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install XP on netbook

• Please log in to reply

townie2

townie2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi everyone. the hard drive on my Asus Eee netbook completely crashed out of the blue, losing everything on it. i decided to replace it with a 120GB SSD, trouble was getting XP back on it again. i formatted the flash, put the XP ISO on it, set BIOS to Compatibility, and to boot from flash. something didn't quite go right, and i don't have full XP functions, i do have a full backup using EaseUS Todo on a portable hard drive, and installed the program on the netbook (via flashdrive, won't connect to the net wireless or hard wired). when i try to install the backup on the netbook, i get drive is different size than original, and image already on Disk. i was wondering if i can connect the netbook to my Desktop computer via USB cable, and if it will recognize the DVD Drive so i can run the actual XP Disk to the netbook and get it to exe.on the netbook. i don't think i can use the EaseUS program on the netbook without an OS installed.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
What are the boot option in the bios Townie?

If you have the option to boot from an external optical drive then why don't you obtain one and use the XP disk on that, an external optical drive is never lost especially when it comes to Netbooks.