Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't start my PC (URGENT)

• Please log in to reply

Faxxy

Faxxy

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello,

20 days ago, I have had severe problems with my computer. Most of them I could fix by myself, but this exceeds my possibilities. So, one day my PC suddenly turned off. I didn't do anything, so I started it up again, and I chose the "Start Windows normally" option. What scared me is this: I couldn't get past the "Starting Windows" screen, BECAUSE: my monitor turned off. Umm, not like it turned off, but you know when you do nothing on a computer for a while and the screen turns black. I knew it because when it was in that "sleep" state, a light would blink on the edge of my monitor. It did the same now. I manually turned it off and started windows repair, it "repaired" it, and look what it said:

Startup Repair repair log
-----------------------------
Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details
-------
System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows directory = E:\Windows
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

And the rest are some kind of tests, which were successfully launched with the error code 0x0. I rebooted and COULD get back onto my PC.

Now, it turned off again. I turned it on and couldn't see the repair option, so I pressed start windows normally.
I got past the loading windows screen, but I got a Blue screen of Death, and it said something like: Dumping physical memory to disk
And when it reached 100% my PC rebooted, and the same, I mean, I couldn't get past the windows loading screen cuz my monitor "slept."

Somehow I entered the windows repair screen, I repaired it again, and got past the loading windows screen. BUT, what next happened is, windows couldnt load. I think so, because I only saw the cursor and the background was black..

So, I reinstalled windows, and the same problem is happening!

Win7 ultimate 32bit
Radeon 3650
Amd Phenom 8450 2.1 GHz
Ram memory: 2

I know my pc sucks but until i get a new one, this is it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just thinking what is the make and model of the PSU and how old is it?

Faxxy

Faxxy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
How can I see that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If it is a desktop you would have to open the side and find the information on the PSU
:thumbsup: