Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building New Computer for CAD and Rendering

• Please log in to reply

noelfosgnik

noelfosgnik

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I am building my own computer for CAD and Rendering with a budget of €600, so far my components list is:

Processor: AMD FX 6200
MOtherboard: Asus P8Z77 Pro 32GB
RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3 8GB
PowerSupply: Cooter Master RS650 650W
Graphics Card: VTX3D AMD RADON HD 7850
Tower: NZXT PHAN-003RD

This is the first time I have done this. Can anyone advise me if this is good or bad or any advice at all? Are these the right the components to go for or should I change anything?

Thanks for all your help,

James

Edited by noelfosgnik, 08 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: noelfosgnik

Couple of pointers for you;

For your intended rendering use you would benefit from having an 8 core processor and 16GB of Ram.

Missing from your list of parts are a hard drive, a DVD/CD drive and an operating system such as Windows 7 64-bit, do you already have these.

Where about in the EU will you be purchasing the parts from.

noelfosgnik

noelfosgnik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry I was looking at a 2Tb Seagate Hard Drive and was not going to bother in a CD Drive and I will be getting Windows 7 64bit,
I am in Ireland. I also found this on ebay might be better and cheaper than what i was looking at:

http://www.ebay.ie/i...=item27cb216ba3

Thanks for the reply really want to start this asap

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The pre built system would be better for you but it has a couple of down sides to it, it has an integrated video chip which means if you were not happy with the video quality you would need to purchase an add on video card and possibly a better PSU to power it, there is also no OS installed and the seller is asking for £80 to install either W7 or W8.

RE no DVD drive on your list of parts, you will need one to install your OS.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

noelfosgnik

noelfosgnik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Since I will be rendering I may want to update my video card so maybe that's not a great idea. I was going to instal my OS from a USB I was going to buy my OS on the net so I would have a soft copy of the OS.
Also I have been looking at amazon for buying components would I find a cheaper site to buy components or would that be my best bet?

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Yes you would be better off getting a system now that you will not need to upgrade for at least a couple of years.

For installing from a USB device http://www.microsoft..._usbdvd_dwnTool
Installing from a USB device is ok but personally I would rather have a hard copy of my OS disk and create a USB device as a back up, it is not so common now but some MBs do not give you the option to boot from a USB device, also keep in mind that for what they cost optical drives are so versatile http://www.scan.co.u...-sata-black-oem

Your proposed budget equates to around £491 sterling, would you like us to see what parts we can put together for around £491 - £500.

noelfosgnik

noelfosgnik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I agree with you, I did not think it was so cheap for an optical drive. Better safe than sorry I will go for one alright.
Yes I would love to see what parts I could get for that, I would extend my budget slightly if there was a noticeable difference.
Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks,

James

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Cost is £546.94 so with your Windows 64-bit OS it comes out at circa £600 sterling, it is a far better spec though http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wSMK

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

noelfosgnik

noelfosgnik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
phillpower2 that is great I cannot thank you enough!!! I am living in ireland so o will price these components in ireland to see can i save on shipping!!!
Thank you so much for all your help.

Thanks,

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You are welcome James :thumbsup:

Any further questions please feel free to ask.