Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Download interrupted", ISP says it's hardware related.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zilvis

Zilvis

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey guys. So few days ago I got myself a new fiber internet called "Zebra" (Biggest network in Lithuania), everything went fine until I tried to download a large file. At first I tried to download from 4shared, then files.fm, and even from their own FTP. The problem I faced is that whenever the download speed reached maximum, after a few minutes of downloading it started going down, and down until it reached 0 (Dropped some KB each second). When it reached 0 I got an error by google chrome that said "The downloading took too long and was stopped by the network" (Rought translation from Lithuanian, if someone else wants to translate it the Lithuanian text is "Atsiuntimas truko per ilgai ir buvo sustabdytas tinklo"). The same thing happened when I tried to download the file with Internet Explorer, only now it gave me the error "Download interrupted". I called my ISP and they said that it is my PC problem.

Modem: ADBB P.RG EA4201N

Thanks in advance, all responses will be appreciated.

Edited by Zilvis, 08 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
bump.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
How big is the file/download and what is your monthly download allowance from your ISP?

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
doesnt matter of size every file goes down, its unlimited.

Mavasilisk

Mavasilisk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
go to start menu > run > %temp% and delete the files. I have the same problem before and it fixed it.

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

go to start menu > run > %temp% and delete the files. I have the same problem before and it fixed it.

sorry, but it didnt work'ed for me ;/

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
What happens when you run speedtest.net on the computer? Is the speed consistent, or does it go up and down a lot?

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

What happens when you run speedtest.net on the computer? Is the speed consistent, or does it go up and down a lot?

speedtest works perfect

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok but what is your speed Zilvis?

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Ok but what is your speed Zilvis?

Posted Image

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
With a speed like that, which is seriously good by the way, you should have had no problem in getting the download.

What actually is the file if you don't mind me asking as this may be obtainable via a P2P aspect and let me be perfectly clear on this that not all Peer to Peer file sharers promote piracy.

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Yeah, it almost sounds like this could be a problem with the server where the file is hosted. Just because you have the speed does not necessarily mean everyone else does too. I'd be interested to see what you are chasing after file wise, and if it can be found elsewhere that will work better.

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
but ftp isnt limited speed or something:?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What is the file and where are you trying to get it from?

Zilvis

Zilvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

What is the file and where are you trying to get it from?

every file :/ even 20 mb