Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Full Backup In cPanel

• Please log in to reply

Joe Beaven

Joe Beaven

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I have a full site backup I made in cPanel with my previous host which I would like to restore in my new new cPanel hosting account, however I can only seem to find options for restoring partial backups.

Does anyone know how I can do a full site backup restore?

Thanks,
Joe

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Backup Wizard For cPanel version 11.34: http://docs.cpanel.n...cs/BackupWizard
Stated on page:

Note: You cannot use a full backup to restore your site via the cPanel interface. The file must be downloaded and decompressed prior to restoration. Once the file has been decompressed, you will be able to upload and restore individual pieces of your website contained within the full backup.

Might help:

Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File: http://docs1.cpanel....storeFullbackup

Edited by AstraNut, 09 January 2013 - 07:32 AM.

Joe Beaven

Joe Beaven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. It turned out that the hosting company had to do it.

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Thanks for letting me know. Glad I started keeping backups of all site files on my hard drive and external flash drive years ago. Even use a thumb drive as a backup for the backup, :P.