Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

after moneypak virus, most of my files will not open - err as unsuppor

• Please log in to reply

cantopenfiles

cantopenfiles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had/have moneypak on my laptop. i have downloaded and used spyhunter, malwarebytes and MS essentials and all said they found and repaired the virus. my computer seems to be running okay now, but most of the files on my hard drive (excel, pdf, jpeg's, etc) will not open. The software applications open and then they return a message saying the file is not supported or it is corrupt.

In addition, all of the modified dates of my files were all reset to the same day this occured - even though I did not open more than a few files that date.

An example of this issue is when I try to open Excel files is that I get the error message shown in the image I uploaded, and the if I choose yes to open anyway, the Excel files are filled with special characters instead of normal numbers and text.

I emailed some of the files doing this to myself and then tried to open on another computer and even my iphone. The files still seemed to be corrupt. is it possible that this virus really destroyed all of my files, and if so - is there a way to recover them?

Also, two other things to note are that my MS outlook security is not saving my passwords.

1. My email works fine other than everytime i send and receive i have to manually enter my password even though I have asked it to be saved numerous times.

2. I cannot run some of the webbased software i typically use due to a java script error i believe. the website loads up fine, but when i click within the main page to start using the software, the page tries to load and then freezes up.

Attached Thumbnails

• excel error.jpg

Advertisements