Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can Online YouTube to MP3 Converters Cause Malware/Spyware/Viruses?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It could have very-well been something else that was the culprit, but after using online Youtube to MP3 converters on a regular basis, I had to reinstall the OS on both my machine and my wife's after a while, as they both got extremely slow and sometimes unresponsive to typing and mouse movements.

I ran spyware/malware scans, virus scans, and even defragged the hard drives and cleaned the registries on both machines to no avail.

I say all of that to ask if it's possible that these online conversion tools could cause damage to your computer or not?

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I doubt the tool/s themselves would have been at fault but you may have accessed a malware loaded URL that delivered a payroll once downloaded.

What results did your AV and Malware killers offer?

In fact what AV and malware tools do you use?