Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Online YouTube to MP3 Converters Cause Malware/Spyware/Viruses?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

agtheman

agtheman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It could have very-well been something else that was the culprit, but after using online Youtube to MP3 converters on a regular basis, I had to reinstall the OS on both my machine and my wife's after a while, as they both got extremely slow and sometimes unresponsive to typing and mouse movements.

I ran spyware/malware scans, virus scans, and even defragged the hard drives and cleaned the registries on both machines to no avail.

I say all of that to ask if it's possible that these online conversion tools could cause damage to your computer or not?

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I doubt the tool/s themselves would have been at fault but you may have accessed a malware loaded URL that delivered a payroll once downloaded.

What results did your AV and Malware killers offer?

In fact what AV and malware tools do you use?

Saviorkste

Saviorkste

• Pip
  • 4 posts

You can take some sites to analyze the online converter for you. For example: https://www.virustotal.com/

Or you can take offline video converter/ downloader to help you convert YouTube videos: http://www.videoconv...ube-videos.html

This one can do a great job in YouTube downloading and converting and it's safe. 

elsablack005

elsablack005

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I have been downloading mp3 from youtube since very long now. I generally use the youtube converter and never faced any virus issue.

elsablack005

elsablack005

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I have been downloading mp3 from youtube since very long now. I generally use the youtube converter and never faced any virus issue.

Or I generally use another converted if I want to convert from SoundCloud to mp3 as it is quick, simple and doesn't loose the quality of the audio.

topworker

topworker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks guys very informative. Now music can be malware free

CarlorRiv

CarlorRiv

• Pip
  • 6 posts

The most recommended is to use video converter online, to help you convert YouTube, as you can see in https://en.savefrom....-youtube-video/the conversion is done without installing anything in your computer or tablet

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Redundant thread closed to prevent any further spam posts.