Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Right click in Excel

• Please log in to reply

Vinnya40

Vinnya40

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I open Excel and click on a cell if it is in a new work book or an old one. the mouse will just highlight the cell and where ever I move the mouse will hightlight the othr cell I can not save or print can anyone tell me why.

Advertisements

Chronos0001

Chronos0001

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I am assuming that since you did not mention that your mouse's right click works with other programs, we will have to assume that it is only Excel you are having problems with...

Go to the control panel, and select the mouse and view the settings there. See if your mouse is operating properly. Make any adjustments needed.

Good luck

AntyNet

AntyNet

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Actually, this is pretty common.

All you need to do is click both buttons on the mouse at the same time. It should fix the problem.

AntyNet

LCR

LCR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks; I had this problem and have been struggling to find a fix. My right mouse click no longer worked in Google results (Firefox), but did work in other programs. Now after clicking left and right together it works. I will let you know if the problem comes back. I used HiJack this but looked at other parts of this forum before sending it. Oh, so good to find smart people.