Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop Upgrades

• Please log in to reply

MrFeenee

MrFeenee

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I recently picked up a Dell N7110 laptop with the i5 processor from their outlet site. Its pretty nice but I'm looking to get some more performance out of it. Mainly looking to replace the graphics card and upgrade the RAM if affordable. I've built a desktop before, but havent really dabbled in upgrading laptops.

Here's a link to the specs. (The only difference is that my model has an i5.)
http://outlet.us.del...2&puid=bf1794e0

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisements

BL00PER

BL00PER

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
The link for me is broken. Can you please fix it :).

MrFeenee

MrFeenee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I'll do you one better.....

Processor: Intel Core 2nd generation i3-2350M Processor (2.3GHz,2C/4T, 3M Cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell Outlet Inspiron 17R - N7110 Laptop
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
4 GB DDR3 1333MHz (2X2G)
8X DVD +/- RW Drive
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6 GB Dynamic Video Memory

Let me know if you need any other info....

Edited by MrFeenee, 09 January 2013 - 04:32 PM.

BL00PER

BL00PER

GeekU Freshman

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
That's fine with the specs thank you. The GPU you may not be able to replace if you did not get the the option to add a the GPU. Reason being is that card is solder to the board. For the memory it is up gradable just need you to use the crucial scanner. This will scan your system and judge what memory will be able to be used for your system. An if you want a video on how to upgrade laptop I found one here dedicated to your laptop. Reply back with the results and would be happy to help more :).