Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Measuring Device Usage

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Due to where I live, I am forced to use satellite internet ... this means HughesNet and that means being limited to a specific amount of bandwidth or 'download' in any given day.

HughesNet allows me to monitor the 'overall' amount used during the day ...

I run a NetGear Router ... is there any way to monitor what each device uses during the day? I need to find out who is using all my 'download' when I know it's not me, other than to sit there and look over the shoulders of the other users.

dog

Advertisements

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
bump ... been here for 8 days and no responses ...

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I haven't been here for 8 days yet, but will try to help. What model Netgear router are you using & what is your daily bandwidth allotment?

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Sorry, was getting a bit worried that no one would be able to help. We have an N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 ... we are allowed 375MB a day ... usually this is not an issue except when my daughter and her boyfriend and our son come home. They all say "IT'S NOT ME" and I KNOW it's not me ... so I want to be able to tell them "IT'S YOU!"

Thanks!

dog