Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Low performance with i7 3930/Rampage Motherboard/ATI 7970 please healp

• Please log in to reply

Quarterlul

Quarterlul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all!

Recently upgraded my AMD processor and Gigabyte motherboard. Which recently I scored a 2500 on pcmark. So I decided to upgrade to an I7-3930 and a Asus Rampage 4 motherboard. I also have a ATI HD 7970 graphics card. After installation I am still getting a really low score on pc mark - 3000. My friend did a test who has an i7 3770 and a gtx 580 and an asus p8z77 deluxe, he scores a 6500. Any idea why this could be. Here is a link to my score. Any help would be most appreciated. http://www.3dmark.com/pcm7/535694 Tim

here is my friends benchmark http://www.3dmark.com/pcm7/535646

if you notice under his

Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 1
115.7 fps
Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 2
116.73 fps
Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 3
115.91 fps
and mine says 1 on all 3?

Thanks!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Gday Quarterlul, Posted Image
I will probable not be of much help to you as I have no understanding of PcMark 7 set up.Your video card controls may have locked the card to DX 11, so not being benched.
He has 12,288 MB of RAM running higher speed, you have 8,192 MB running slower sped..
His CPU is over-clocked and set up differently.
He has a larger capacity OS drive.
His scores across the board are higher then yours and would add up to quite a lot.

If you can set your CPU to the same as his, it would be a better apples to apples comparison.