Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

30 days of activation

• Please log in to reply

vab's

vab's

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i have install windows xp from a dell original windows xp cd, and its now showing 30 days for activation,it's my fifth and sixth time i continously format my computer and now i don't want to format it,So i want any cd key or any crack software for that can change it registry or something related to prblm.
please help!

and one more thing my system is old and every time i install a new win xp, it gets corrupt after 15 or 20 days,,,so is there is any light weight linux operating system which i can install in place of win xp,,,,,which support all types of games,,media files and drivers of my compaq computers(model-2007) just as win xp and at the same time being light but i don't want to download any further software or my computer drivers for it.

Edited by vab's, 11 January 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Advertisements

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts

i have install windows xp from a dell original windows xp cd, and its now showing 30 days for activation,it's my fifth and sixth time i continously format my computer and now i don't want to format it,So i want any cd key or any crack software for that can change it registry or something related to prblm.
please help!

and one more thing my system is old and every time i install a new win xp, it gets corrupt after 15 or 20 days,,,so is there is any light weight linux operating system which i can install in place of win xp,,,,,which support all types of games,,media files and drivers of my compaq computers(model-2007) just as win xp and at the same time being light but i don't want to download any further software or my computer drivers for it.

In your first request, You've asked the wrong folks.
http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.
The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

And you should also know that using a Dell OEM XP disk to install onto an HP Compaq computer will inevitably result in the kinds of problems you describe.

There is a small chance that HP may be willing to sell to you, the original operating system disk for that computer at a reasonable price (Usually for under $30US) Contact HP to explore this option.

With the above out of the way, your second inquiry regarding Operating System options may offer some solutions for you.
Every Linux user has his own favorite distro.
For you, I would recommend Ubuntu because it installs with a relatively full functioning out-of-the-box experience, and is quite versatile.

As to your requirement that the Operating System be able to handle all of the files, functions, and games you are presently familiar with, that will be a bit of a problem.

Linux is not easily adaptable to Windows platform gaming. And developers are not showing a great deal of interest in writing modifications of games which may be well known and popular with you.
There are, however, a large number of well developed and interesting games available in the Linux community.
Here is just one link to get you started.
http://www.techdrive...s-for-2012.html

Best Regards

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
As already stated we can not help you hack an os or passwords.

And, again if you are using a Dell cd for an HP, then that will give you all sorts of problemms.
If you are using a Dell cd on a Dell and then having issues, then we can possibly help if you give us more info on the computer as to make and model. We would also need what kind of problems you are experiencing.