Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop VERY slow when starting up and shutting down [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Cameron,

Sorry to hear this. Was your girlfriend able to back up all of her personal files to a safe place as we had discussed starting with post #22? The update error that you are receiving are very hard to pinpoint. I believe the best course of action at this time is to either perform a clean install or restore the laptop back to factory condition. In my opinion, any computer that will not update is a disaster waiting to happen.

I'll need to ask a few questions to decide which is the best way to approach our next task.

Do you have any discs (recovery or retail) for this Vista Home Premium 32-bit laptop?

Are you able to read the 25-digit alphanumeric product key on the label found on the bottom of the laptop? (please do not post the product key in your reply)

Could you also provide an image of Disk Management, please, just in case accessing the recovery partition is the path we have to take?

To do so:

• Click on your Start Posted Image button
  • Click on Run or type Run into Start Search.
  • Type diskmgmt.msc into the Open: field.
  • Click OK then click Continue button within the UAC.
  • Expand to full screen and you can either create a screen shot or use your snipping tool to grab the image and save as JPEG to your desktop and attach to your next post.

Thank you,

Donna :)

Advertisements

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna,

Was your girlfriend able to back up all of her personal files to a safe place as we had discussed - Yes, all photos and documents have been saved onto an external HD.

Do you have any discs (recovery or retail) for this Vista Home Premium 32-bit laptop? No, the laptop had Vista pre-installed

Are you able to read the 25-digit alphanumeric product key on the label found on the bottom of the laptop? - Yes if it is 5 sets of 5 numbers

Could you also provide an image of Disk Management, please, just in case accessing the recovery partition is the path we have to take? See attached

Thanks Donna

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot2jpg.jpg

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Cameron,

Yes, all photos and documents have been saved onto an external HD.

Excellent! As a last resort, we are going to have to restore the laptop back to factory condition. You will lose everything in this process though this will correct all the issues you are experiencing at present.

Jot down the 25 digit product key of 5 sets of 5 numbers and save in a safe place to have when/if needed to re-activate the OS.

I see that Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is installed. Was that program pre-installed when the laptop was purchased or did your girlfriend install that after the purchase? You will need the media (disk) to reinstall if it was not pre-installed and she uses it. Any software that you have paid for and had to register with a product key you will need to reinstall and have the key for. There is a program called Magical Jelly Bean keyfinder that you can install to find the keys if necessary:

The Magical Jelly Bean/Key Finder

Could you tell me the Model number for this laptop, please. Not all recovery partitions are accessed the same way on Hewlett-Packard's and knowing the model number will make it easier for me to create precise instructions for you to perform this task and make the tedious process run smoothly.

Let you have any questions at this time.

Thank you,

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Jot down the 25 digit product key of 5 sets of 5 numbers and save in a safe place to have when/if needed to re-activate the OS. - Done

I see that Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is installed. Was that program pre-installed when the laptop was purchased or did your girlfriend install that after the purchase? This was pre-installed also Donna

Could you tell me the Model number for this laptop, please.- The model of this laptop is HP G7000

Thanks

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi CameronB,

I see that Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is installed. Was that program pre-installed when the laptop was purchased or did your girlfriend install that after the purchase? This was pre-installed also Donna

Ok. That's an expensive piece of software and I didn't want to chance you losing it.

The model of this laptop is HP G7000

Great! Please follow the instructions below to begin the process.

The following instructions do appear a bit daunting, though you should do just fine! I'm hoping the images I provided for the Recovery Manager are what you will be presented with since different HP Models do have different screens that you might be presented with.

Please note: This process can take up to 2 hours or more from start to finish. Make sure you have time set aside before you begin restoring the laptop via the Recovery Manager.

• Shut down the laptop and disconnect all external devices such as printers, USB drives, Memory Cards, etc.
  • Reboot the laptop and begin tapping the F11 key repeatedly to access the Recovery Manager.
    --Please note: If the laptop boots into Windows, click on the Start Posted Image and type Recovery Manager into the Start Search field. Click on Recovery Manager found in the list and proceed.
  • On the Welcome to Recovery Manager screen, click Next.
    Posted Image
  • On the Microsoft System Restore screen, select No, and then click Next.
    Posted Image
  • On the System Recovery screen, select Yes, and then click Next to continue with the recovery process.
    Posted Image
  • The Recovery Manager will give you an option to back up your files, select No and click Next to continue.
  • You will see a recovery progress screen open. Please allow time for the files to be restored.
  • When the System Recovery is complete, click Finish.

The laptop will restart and continue into Windows setup.

The following is a rough draft of the Windows Vista Install Guide created by Black Viper.

• At this point, Setup will load the driver files it needs to continue with installation.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen is a more graphical progress bar indicating Windows Vista is still working in the background.
    Posted Image
  • Next you will be asked to make selections for Language, Time and currency format, and Keyboard layout. Make your selections by using the pull down menus and press the Next button.
    Posted Image
  • Click the Install Now button
    Posted Image
    to continue to the next screen.
    Posted Image
  • In the next screen, please enter your product key. After entering your product key, press the Next button.
    Posted Image
  • On the next screen, check the box next to I accept the license terms.(Never hurts to read the agreement, either! ;)
    Posted Image
  • Click on the box containing Custom (advanced) to continue to the next screen.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen will display where you can select where to install Vista on. Since this system only has one hard drive, there's only one place Vista can go. Click to highlight then click on Next.
    Posted Image
  • This is where Vista install the OS. This process can up to an hour depending on the system.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen will request you to Restart Now. Please do.
    Posted Image
  • Next you'll see the black screen as follows.
    Posted Image

This may take several minutes before proceeding to the next screen where Windows will finish the installation.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen is to create your user account and select an icon that will be displayed on the login screen and create a password for the account. Once complete, click Next.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen you will be creating the name for the computer and choosing a background for the desktop. Click Next once you are finished.
    Posted Image
  • The next screen is to configure your computer clock and daylight savings time options. After setting the time zone,clock settings and the date, click Next.
    Posted Image
  • Next you will be requested to set your network configurations.
  • Finally! You might even receive a thank you from Bill Gates for installing Vista!
After configuring your time zone, clock settings and date, select the Next button.

Please go to Windows updates and begin downloading and installing the updates. Please continue till all updates are installed. Once complete with this task reply to your post to let me know how you got on.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna,

I think I have managed to do this. It was a bit daunting before I started but turned out quite simple which always makes me worry lol

I now have a laptop that says it is 'up to date' (at last !! lol).

I say I think I've managed it because the only screens I saw from your screenshots were 1, 2, 3, 6, 12-14. I didn't have to enter the product key either. The whole re-install was very quick, it was the updates that took most of the time to sort. I did updates 3 times, once with 89 updates, then 66 and finally 6. Looking at the history some files had failed but were then successful. At the end of the day when I look in windows update it now tells me that Windows is up to date, which is something we haven't seen for a long while !!

Laptop is now opening & shutting down very quickly, compared to when we started this thread anyway!!

Obviously as this is now back to the original settings it is trying to get me to run Norton etc. (which I don't want to do and would rather remove it and install something else, like we did previous).

I have not done anything else on the laptop

Thanks again and I look forward to your next set of instructions :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi CameronB,

You did a great job! Yes. It is a bit daunting, but once the process is complete and you look back, you realize, "Now that wasn't so bad!" I wasn't quite sure if I was over doing it with the images or not. You can find umpteen tutorials on this subject and each one will have different instructions as to the full process. Every situation is different which makes it difficult to visualize just which screens a person you are helping will encounter.

At the end of the day when I look in windows update it now tells me that Windows is up to date, which is something we haven't seen for a long while !!

Yippee!

We'll get rid of Norton soon and replace that with MSE again. There are a few other things I'd like to check also, before I send you on your way. Ok?

I'd like to verify the laptop is at SP2 by having you download and install OTL one more time and check the log. Also, I'm wondering if you might be able to create recovery discs from the recovery manager. Here's how we'll check:

• Click on the Start Posted Image and type in Recovery Disc Creation. Is it there? if so:
  • Click on Yes when requested by the UAC
  • Click on Next >
If you are able to create the discs, you should be presented with a screen that tells you how many discs you will need. At that time, you can back out of the Recovery Manager and you will have to purchase these discs. I prefer to use DVD-R's for this task.

Next:

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your next reply.

In your next reply, I will need the following:

OTL.txt
Extras.txt

Thank you!

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna,

Yes it says that I am able to create recovery discs, I need 2 DVD's which I have already.

See below OCL Logs

OTL logfile created on: 09/02/2013 14:16:33 - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 Folder = C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Version = 6.0.6000) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 7.0.6000.16982)
Locale: 00000809 | Country: United Kingdom | Language: ENG | Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy

1.99 Gb Total Physical Memory | 1.07 Gb Available Physical Memory | 53.64% Memory free
4.19 Gb Paging File | 3.16 Gb Available in Paging File | 75.42% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 140.41 Gb Total Space | 104.17 Gb Free Space | 74.19% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive D: | 8.63 Gb Total Space | 2.98 Gb Free Space | 34.50% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Computer Name: NADINEC-PC | User Name: NadineC | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user | Quick Scan
Company Name Whitelist: On | Skip Microsoft Files: On | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Processes (SafeList) ==========

PRC - [2013/02/09 14:15:57 | 000,602,112 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop\OTL.exe
PRC - [2013/02/09 03:35:18 | 002,923,520 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
PRC - [2007/11/01 19:47:28 | 000,077,824 | ---- | M] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
PRC - [2007/11/01 18:00:57 | 001,006,264 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
PRC - [2007/01/13 02:36:40 | 000,323,216 | ---- | M] (Napster) -- C:\Program Files\Napster\napster.exe
PRC - [2007/01/10 11:59:52 | 000,115,816 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
PRC - [2007/01/10 11:59:32 | 000,108,648 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
PRC - [2007/01/06 04:04:10 | 000,554,616 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
PRC - [2007/01/05 14:19:28 | 000,047,712 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

========== Modules (No Company Name) ==========

MOD - [2007/02/17 00:40:42 | 005,521,408 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\QtGui4.dll
MOD - [2007/02/17 00:40:40 | 001,466,368 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\QtCore4.dll
MOD - [2007/01/14 15:09:32 | 000,009,328 | ---- | M] () -- c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NAVShExt.loc

========== Services (SafeList) ==========

SRV - [2007/11/01 18:42:33 | 001,174,664 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe -- (Symantec Core LC)
SRV - [2007/11/01 18:00:57 | 000,265,912 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll -- (WinDefend)
SRV - [2007/01/14 13:11:06 | 000,080,504 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe -- (ISPwdSvc)
SRV - [2007/01/13 09:40:58 | 000,049,248 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe -- (comHost)
SRV - [2007/01/10 11:59:32 | 000,108,648 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe -- (CLTNetCnService)
SRV - [2007/01/10 11:59:32 | 000,108,648 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe -- (ccSetMgr)
SRV - [2007/01/10 11:59:32 | 000,108,648 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe -- (ccEvtMgr)
SRV - [2007/01/06 04:04:10 | 002,918,008 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_2.EXE -- (LiveUpdate)
SRV - [2007/01/06 04:04:10 | 000,554,616 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe -- (Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler)
SRV - [2007/01/05 14:19:28 | 000,047,712 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe -- (SymAppCore)

========== Driver Services (SafeList) ==========

DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys -- (NwlnkFwd)
DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys -- (NwlnkFlt)
DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys -- (IpInIp)
DRV - File not found [Kernel | Disabled | Stopped] -- C:\Windows\system32\drivers\blbdrive.sys -- (blbdrive)
DRV - [2010/02/25 01:03:16 | 000,014,904 | ---- | M] (Hewlett-Packard Company) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CPQBTTN.sys -- (HBtnKey)
DRV - [2009/04/29 07:46:54 | 000,015,872 | ---- | M] (Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\HpqKbFiltr.sys -- (HpqKbFiltr)
DRV - [2008/03/03 11:32:00 | 000,188,416 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CHDRT32.sys -- (CnxtHdAudService)
DRV - [2007/11/01 18:44:34 | 000,115,000 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS -- (SymEvent)
DRV - [2007/10/29 10:38:38 | 000,162,088 | ---- | M] (Alps Electric Co., Ltd.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Apfiltr.sys -- (ApfiltrService)
DRV - [2007/07/13 08:18:20 | 000,050,688 | ---- | M] (Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Rtnicxp.sys -- (RTL8023xp)
DRV - [2007/07/10 06:27:56 | 000,008,704 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\XAudio.sys -- (XAudio)
DRV - [2007/05/04 14:11:32 | 002,219,520 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\NETw4v32.sys -- (NETw4v32)
DRV - [2007/04/30 19:59:30 | 000,160,768 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CHDART.sys -- (HdAudAddService)
DRV - [2007/04/30 09:00:00 | 000,852,824 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20070430.018\NAVEX15.SYS -- (NAVEX15)
DRV - [2007/04/30 09:00:00 | 000,077,688 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20070430.018\NAVENG.SYS -- (NAVENG)
DRV - [2007/01/12 08:22:20 | 000,276,792 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\srtspl.sys -- (SRTSPL)
DRV - [2007/01/12 08:22:18 | 000,025,400 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\srtspx.sys -- (SRTSPX)
DRV - [2007/01/12 08:22:14 | 000,247,608 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [File_System | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\srtsp.sys -- (SRTSP)
DRV - [2007/01/10 15:00:00 | 000,387,384 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys -- (eeCtrl)
DRV - [2007/01/03 21:05:02 | 000,417,592 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCDrv.sys -- (SPBBCDrv)
DRV - [2006/12/28 12:48:26 | 000,212,280 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Definitions\SymcData\idsdefs\20070108.003\IDSvix86.sys -- (IDSvix86)
DRV - [2006/11/02 07:30:54 | 001,781,760 | ---- | M] (Intel® Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\NETw3v32.sys -- (NETw3v32)

========== Standard Registry (SafeList) ==========

========== Internet Explorer ==========

IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ilion&pf=laptop
IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = %SystemRoot%\system32\blank.htm
IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ilion&pf=laptop
IE - HKLM\..\SearchScopes,DefaultScope = {9F342EDC-BC1F-488A-B882-3DF1E78D4B8A}
IE - HKLM\..\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}: "URL" = http://search.live.c...ferrer:source?}
IE - HKLM\..\SearchScopes\{9F342EDC-BC1F-488A-B882-3DF1E78D4B8A}: "URL" = http://uk.search.yah...ing}&fr=cb-hp06

IE - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co...=en-GB&ie=UTF-8
IE - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,StartPageCache = 1
IE - HKCU\..\SearchScopes,DefaultScope = {9F342EDC-BC1F-488A-B882-3DF1E78D4B8A}
IE - HKCU\..\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}: "URL" = http://search.live.c...ferrer:source?}
IE - HKCU\..\SearchScopes\{9F342EDC-BC1F-488A-B882-3DF1E78D4B8A}: "URL" = http://uk.search.yah...ing}&fr=cb-hp06
IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 0

========== FireFox ==========

FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/WPF,version=3.5: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\NPWPF.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

O1 HOSTS File: ([2006/09/18 21:41:30 | 000,000,761 | ---- | M]) - C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
O1 - Hosts: 127.0.0.1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
O2 - BHO: (Reg Error: Value error.) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBHO.dll (Symantec Corporation)
O2 - BHO: (SSVHelper Class) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - No CLSID value found.
O2 - BHO: (Google Toolbar Helper) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll (Google Inc.)
O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (&Google) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll (Google Inc.)
O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (Show Norton Toolbar) - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll (Symantec Corporation)
O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (&Google) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll (Google Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [ccApp] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe (Symantec Corporation)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe (Hewlett-Packard)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [IS CfgWiz] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\OPC\{31011D49-D90C-4da0-878B-78D28AD507AF}\cltUIStb.exe (Symantec Corporation)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [NapsterShell] C:\Program Files\Napster\napster.exe (Napster)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Windows Defender] C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [BrowserChoice] C:\Windows\System32\browserchoice.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O4 - HKLM..\RunOnce: [Launcher] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\Launcher.exe (soft thinks)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem : Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0000-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.1
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{24EF572F-F6FD-480F-AF21-05C295CD41C1}: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.1
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (explorer.exe) - C:\Windows\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: UserInit - (C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe) - C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O24 - Desktop WallPaper: C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\img24.jpg
O24 - Desktop BackupWallPaper: C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\img24.jpg
O32 - HKLM CDRom: AutoRun - 1
O32 - AutoRun File - [2007/11/01 19:26:17 | 000,000,074 | ---- | M] () - C:\autoexec.bat -- [ NTFS ]
O32 - AutoRun File - [2005/09/11 15:18:54 | 000,000,340 | -HS- | M] () - D:\AUTOMODE -- [ NTFS ]
O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (autocheck autochk *)
O35 - HKLM\..comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
O35 - HKLM\..exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...com [@ = comfile] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...exe [@ = exefile] -- "%1" %*
O38 - SubSystems\\Windows: (ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3)
O38 - SubSystems\\Windows: (ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2)

========== Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days ==========

[2013/02/09 14:15:52 | 000,602,112 | ---- | C] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop\OTL.exe
[2013/02/09 09:24:52 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Google
[2013/02/09 09:24:52 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\Google
[2013/02/09 08:09:50 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\hpqLog
[2013/02/09 08:08:55 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Windows\QLB
[2013/02/08 22:45:13 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\MSXML 4.0
[2013/02/08 21:58:05 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\QuickPlay
[2013/02/08 21:57:48 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
[2013/02/08 21:57:26 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
[2013/02/08 21:57:26 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Searches
[2013/02/08 21:57:26 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
[2013/02/08 21:57:18 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Identities
[2013/02/08 21:57:14 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Contacts
[2013/02/08 21:55:14 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
[2013/02/08 21:53:18 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia
[2013/02/08 21:53:00 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | --SD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Videos
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Saved Games
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Pictures
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Music
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Links
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Favorites
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Downloads
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Documents
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Templates
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Start Menu
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\SendTo
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Recent
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\PrintHood
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\NetHood
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Documents\My Videos
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Documents\My Pictures
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Documents\My Music
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\My Documents
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Local Settings
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\History
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Cookies
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\Application Data
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\Application Data
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | -H-D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\Temp
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Local\Microsoft
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Media Center Programs
[2013/02/08 21:43:40 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Videos
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Templates
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Start Menu
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Pictures
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Music
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Favorites
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Documents
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Desktop
[2013/02/08 21:43:39 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Application Data
[2013/02/08 21:43:04 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\System Volume Information

========== Files - Modified Within 30 Days ==========

[2013/02/09 14:15:57 | 000,602,112 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop\OTL.exe
[2013/02/09 13:37:00 | 000,623,342 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\perfh009.dat
[2013/02/09 13:37:00 | 000,108,526 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\perfc009.dat
[2013/02/09 13:31:44 | 000,000,150 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Documents\hpqp.ini
[2013/02/09 13:30:20 | 000,003,072 | -H-- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-2P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
[2013/02/09 13:30:20 | 000,003,072 | -H-- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-2P-0.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
[2013/02/09 13:30:12 | 000,067,584 | --S- | M] () -- C:\Windows\bootstat.dat
[2013/02/09 13:30:09 | 2137,022,464 | -HS- | M] () -- C:\hiberfil.sys
[2013/02/09 09:24:51 | 000,000,943 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Launch Internet Explorer Browser.lnk
[2013/02/09 08:12:51 | 000,873,310 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\oem45.inf
[2013/02/09 08:11:34 | 000,000,000 | -H-- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Msft_Kernel_Apfiltr_01005.Wdf
[2013/02/09 07:56:05 | 000,001,589 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Browser Choice.lnk
[2013/02/09 03:55:48 | 000,354,568 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
[2013/02/09 01:20:24 | 001,654,487 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\wlan.tmf
[2013/02/09 00:56:23 | 028,966,912 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_install_NetFx3.etl
[2013/02/09 00:56:22 | 000,327,680 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_cbs_install_NetFx3.perf
[2013/02/09 00:56:22 | 000,065,536 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_cbs_install_NetFx3.dpx
[2013/02/08 21:57:06 | 000,001,841 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Easy Internet Services.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:55:28 | 000,000,000 | RHS- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\103C_HP_cNB_G7000 Notebook PC_Y5335KV_0U_QCND7471TGY_E447154-032_4A_I30D9_SHP_V83.19_F.08_T070913_WV3-0_L409_M2038_J160_7Intel_86FD_91.47_#130208_N10EC8139;14E44311_(GZ902EA#ABU)_XMOBILE_CN10_Z_2F.08.MRK
[2013/02/08 21:54:56 | 000,000,044 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System\hpsysdrv.dat
[2013/02/08 21:50:42 | 000,000,081 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\System32\LOG

========== Files Created - No Company Name ==========

[2013/02/09 09:24:51 | 000,000,943 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Launch Internet Explorer Browser.lnk
[2013/02/09 08:13:12 | 000,873,310 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System32\oem45.inf
[2013/02/09 08:11:34 | 000,000,000 | -H-- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Msft_Kernel_Apfiltr_01005.Wdf
[2013/02/09 07:56:05 | 000,001,589 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Browser Choice.lnk
[2013/02/09 05:37:59 | 2137,022,464 | -HS- | C] () -- C:\hiberfil.sys
[2013/02/09 01:20:23 | 001,654,487 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System32\wlan.tmf
[2013/02/08 22:59:53 | 028,966,912 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_install_NetFx3.etl
[2013/02/08 22:59:53 | 000,327,680 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_cbs_install_NetFx3.perf
[2013/02/08 22:59:53 | 000,065,536 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\ocsetup_cbs_install_NetFx3.dpx
[2013/02/08 21:57:27 | 000,000,949 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:25 | 000,000,944 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:14 | 000,000,915 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Mail.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,002,132 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\HP Accessory Shop.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,002,059 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Online Photo Printing.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,002,019 | ---- | C] () -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Visit eBay.co.uk.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,001,829 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Prepare this PC for kids.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,001,801 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Skype.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:07 | 000,001,739 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Download games!.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:57:06 | 000,001,841 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Easy Internet Services.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:55:28 | 000,000,000 | RHS- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\103C_HP_cNB_G7000 Notebook PC_Y5335KV_0U_QCND7471TGY_E447154-032_4A_I30D9_SHP_V83.19_F.08_T070913_WV3-0_L409_M2038_J160_7Intel_86FD_91.47_#130208_N10EC8139;14E44311_(GZ902EA#ABU)_XMOBILE_CN10_Z_2F.08.MRK
[2013/02/08 21:54:56 | 000,000,044 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System\hpsysdrv.dat
[2013/02/08 21:50:42 | 000,000,081 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\System32\LOG
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,258 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Shows Desktop.lnk
[2013/02/08 21:50:38 | 000,000,240 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\NadineC\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Window Switcher.lnk

========== ZeroAccess Check ==========

[2006/11/02 12:54:22 | 000,000,227 | RHS- | M] () -- C:\Windows\assembly\Desktop.ini

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\clsid\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\clsid\{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}\InProcServer32]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\clsid\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32]
"" = %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll -- [2013/02/09 03:38:39 | 011,315,712 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation)
"ThreadingModel" = Apartment

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\clsid\{5839FCA9-774D-42A1-ACDA-D6A79037F57F}\InProcServer32]
"" = %systemroot%\system32\wbem\fastprox.dll -- [2013/02/09 03:29:01 | 000,614,912 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation)
"ThreadingModel" = Free

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\clsid\{F3130CDB-AA52-4C3A-AB32-85FFC23AF9C1}\InProcServer32]
"" = %systemroot%\system32\wbem\wbemess.dll -- [2006/11/02 09:46:13 | 000,348,672 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation)
"ThreadingModel" = Both

========== LOP Check ==========

========== Purity Check ==========

< End of report >

OTL Extras logfile created on: 09/02/2013 14:16:33 - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 Folder = C:\Users\NadineC\Desktop
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (Version = 6.0.6000) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 7.0.6000.16982)
Locale: 00000809 | Country: United Kingdom | Language: ENG | Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy

1.99 Gb Total Physical Memory | 1.07 Gb Available Physical Memory | 53.64% Memory free
4.19 Gb Paging File | 3.16 Gb Available in Paging File | 75.42% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 140.41 Gb Total Space | 104.17 Gb Free Space | 74.19% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive D: | 8.63 Gb Total Space | 2.98 Gb Free Space | 34.50% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Computer Name: NADINEC-PC | User Name: NadineC | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user | Quick Scan
Company Name Whitelist: On | Skip Microsoft Files: On | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Extra Registry (SafeList) ==========

========== File Associations ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<extension>]
.cpl [@ = cplfile] -- C:\Windows\System32\control.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.hlp [@ = hlpfile] -- C:\Windows\winhlp32.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.url [@ = InternetShortcut] -- rundll32.exe ieframe.dll,OpenURL %l

========== Shell Spawning ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<key>\shell\[command]\command]
batfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cmdfile [open] -- "%1" %*
comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cplfile [cplopen] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\control.exe "%1",%* (Microsoft Corporation)
exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
helpfile [open] -- Reg Error: Key error.
hlpfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\winhlp32.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
inffile [install] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\InfDefaultInstall.exe "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
InternetShortcut [open] -- rundll32.exe ieframe.dll,OpenURL %l
piffile [open] -- "%1" %*
regfile [merge] -- Reg Error: Key error.
scrfile [config] -- "%1"
scrfile [install] -- rundll32.exe desk.cpl,InstallScreenSaver %l
scrfile [open] -- "%1" /S
txtfile [edit] -- Reg Error: Key error.
Unknown [openas] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1
Directory [cmd] -- cmd.exe /s /k pushd "%V" (Microsoft Corporation)
Directory [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [open] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /separate,/idlist,%I,%L (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [explore] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /separate,/e,/idlist,%I,%L (Microsoft Corporation)
Drive [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Security Center Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"cval" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Svc]
"AntiVirusOverride" = 0
"AntiSpywareOverride" = 0
"FirewallOverride" = 0

========== Firewall Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]
"DisableNotifications" = 0
"EnableFirewall" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\PublicProfile]
"EnableFirewall" = 1

========== Authorized Applications List ==========

========== Vista Active Open Ports Exception List ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules]
"{2451AE1E-F6EC-492B-A938-C2DAC80EA7DB}" = lport=1900 | protocol=17 | dir=in | svc=ssdpsrv | app=svchost.exe |
"{25F316C1-280F-46EF-87FC-71A1C4DE6A2A}" = lport=2869 | protocol=6 | dir=in | app=system |

========== Vista Active Application Exception List ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules]
"{2B8CED8F-7002-44DA-9296-7DBDEF2AE296}" = dir=in | app=c:\program files\msn messenger\msnmsgr.exe |
"{397F0759-B802-4A16-BC8F-DCD0D8245880}" = dir=in | app=c:\program files\hp\quickplay\qp.exe |
"{4EFF95FD-882D-40BD-9FA5-6A92D1ACE8E2}" = protocol=6 | dir=in | app=c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\onenote.exe |
"{683A5463-F380-4AD1-B2F6-C086DA14FD26}" = protocol=17 | dir=in | app=c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\onenote.exe |
"{7044832C-BCB6-4C64-AC26-C3D664E97865}" = dir=in | app=c:\program files\hp\quickplay\qpservice.exe |
"{FFE850AE-5507-4A65-88C9-9C2DEBA7414D}" = dir=in | app=c:\program files\msn messenger\livecall.exe |

========== HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Uninstall List ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
"{0394CDC8-FABD-4ed8-B104-03393876DFDF}" = Roxio Creator Tools
"{082702D5-5DD8-4600-BCE5-48B15174687F}" = HP Doc Viewer
"{0BFC200F-C45D-4271-AF34-4CA969225DEB}" = muvee autoProducer 6.0
"{0CFD3BAF-9F4D-4D70-BD0B-638EA2504C25}" = PSSWCORE
"{0D397393-9B50-4c52-84D5-77E344289F87}" = Roxio Creator Data
"{11F93B4B-48F0-4A4E-AE77-DFA96A99664B}" = Roxio Creator EasyArchive
"{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
"{254C37AA-6B72-4300-84F6-98A82419187E}" = Hewlett-Packard Active Check
"{290B83AA-093A-45BF-A917-D1C4A1E8D917}" = HP Active Support Library
"{2DA85B02-13C0-4E6D-9A76-22E6B3DD0CB2}" = SymNet
"{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160000}" = Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6
"{33C65B6A-5D73-4E3E-A1F9-127C27BD3F72}" = Roxio MyDVD Basic v9
"{34D2AB40-150D-475D-AE32-BD23FB5EE355}" = HP Quick Launch Buttons
"{35E1EC43-D4FC-4E4A-AAB3-20DDA27E8BB0}" = Roxio Activation Module
"{3672B097-EA69-4bfe-B92F-29AE6D9D2B34}" = Norton Internet Security
"{3CCAD2EF-CFF2-4637-82AA-AABF370282D3}" = ccCommon
"{3F92ABBB-6BBF-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}" = NetWaiting
"{40F7AED3-0C7D-4582-99F6-484A515C73F2}" = HP Easy Setup - Frontend
"{45D707E9-F3C4-11D9-A373-0050BAE317E1}" = HP DVD Play 3.2
"{48185814-A224-447A-81DA-71BD20580E1B}" = Norton Internet Security
"{4843B611-8FCB-4428-8C23-31D0A5EAE164}" = Norton Confidential Browser Component
"{571700F0-DB9D-4B3A-B03D-35A14BB5939F}" = Windows Live Messenger
"{584B0895-8EF3-4175-8E80-1B68BFA04636}" = HP Help and Support
"{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}" = Norton Internet Security
"{619CDD8A-14B6-43a1-AB6C-0F4EE48CE048}" = Roxio Creator Copy
"{65DA2EC9-0642-47E9-AAE2-B5267AA14D75}" = Activation Assistant for the 2007 Microsoft Office suites
"{6675CA7F-E51B-4F6A-99D4-F8F0124C6EAA}" = Roxio Express Labeler 3
"{669D4A35-146B-4314-89F1-1AC3D7B88367}" = Hewlett-Packard Asset Agent
"{66C1DD9B-02D8-4A31-B54C-FE8DC76F25D4}" = HP User Guides 0078
"{68471BF2-F1F7-4C89-BBBA-400B94996596}" = ESU for Microsoft Vista
"{6D52C408-B09A-4520-9B18-475B81D393F1}" = Microsoft Works
"{77772678-817F-4401-9301-ED1D01A8DA56}" = SPBBC 32bit
"{830D8CBD-C668-49e2-A969-C2C2106332E0}" = Norton AntiVirus
"{83FFCFC7-88C6-41c6-8752-958A45325C82}" = Roxio Creator Audio
"{8CEA85DE-955B-4BF4-87F2-0BAA62821633}" = HP Photosmart Essential2.5
"{8DCE550C-CA43-4E82-92DF-FFC4A48F5BE1}" = Napster Burn Engine
"{90120000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
"{90120000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007
"{90120000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
"{90120000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
"{90120000-001F-040C-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
"{90120000-001F-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
"{90120000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
"{90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
"{90120000-00A1-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2007
"{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
"{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
"{9A129ABC-A53A-4209-A21E-D5DEDFB7CCA8}" = Norton Protection Center
"{9F72EF8B-AEC9-4CA5-B483-143980AFD6FD}" = Touch Pad Driver
"{A49F249F-0C91-497F-86DF-B2585E8E76B7}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
"{AB40272D-92AB-4F30-B36B-22EDE16F8FE5}" = HP Update
"{AB5E289E-76BF-4251-9F3F-9B763F681AE0}" = HP Customer Experience Enhancements
"{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A80000000002}" = Adobe Reader 8
"{AE46ABD3-D625-467F-B5A7-8D3FFF077F0D}" = Realtek 8139 and 8139C+ Ethernet Network Card Driver for Windows Vista
"{B7C61755-DB48-4003-948F-3D34DB8EAF69}" = MSRedist
"{BBBCAE4B-B416-4182-A6F2-438180894A81}" = Napster
"{C8B0680B-CDAE-4809-9F91-387B6DE00F7C}" = Roxio Creator Basic v9
"{CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
"{D32067CD-7409-4792-BFA0-1469BCD8F0C8}" = HP Wireless Assistant
"{D353CC51-430D-4C6F-9B7E-52003DA1E05A}" = Norton Confidential Web Protection Component
"{D6E6FA4A-5445-4850-8365-CF216C1CBB7A}" = Symantec Real Time Storage Protection Component
"{D9B4D7EE-481C-4C36-86AB-A8F7417725FF}" = LightScribe 1.6.43.1
"{DBEA1034-5882-4A88-8033-81C4EF0CFA29}" = Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
"{DC24971E-1946-445D-8A82-CE685433FA7D}" = Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
"{E3EFA461-EB83-4C3B-9C47-2C1D58A01555}" = Norton Internet Security
"{E5EE9939-259F-4DE2-8023-5C49E16A4F43}" = Norton Internet Security
"{EFB5B3B5-A280-4E25-BE1C-634EEFE32C1B}" = AppCore
"{F1D7AC58-554A-4A58-B784-B61558B1449A}" = QLBCASL
"{F4DB525F-A986-4249-B98B-42A8066251CA}" = AV
"{F7F3B252-E772-48AA-93EB-7964BC326067}" = MSCU for Microsoft Vista
"{FAB0C302-CB18-4A7A-BA03-C3DC23101A68}" = HP Active Support Library 32 bit components
"Activation Assistant for the 2007 Microsoft Office suites" = Activation Assistant for the 2007 Microsoft Office suites
"CNXT_AUDIO_HDA" = Conexant HD Audio
"CNXT_MODEM_HDA_HSF" = HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
"HDMI" = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
"HOMESTUDENTR" = Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
"HP Photosmart Essential" = HP Photosmart Essential 2.0
"LiveUpdate" = LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation)
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
"ShockwaveFlash" = Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
"SymSetup.{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}" = Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)

========== Last 20 Event Log Errors ==========

[ Application Events ]
Error - 08/02/2013 20:39:04 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = WerSvc | ID = 5007
Description =

Error - 08/02/2013 23:55:57 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = WerSvc | ID = 5007
Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 04:10:56 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = Application Error | ID = 1000
Description = Faulting application QLBCTRL.exe, version 6.2.7.2, time stamp 0x466d54e5,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code
0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x73c, application start time 0x01ce069cfc45b270.

Error - 09/02/2013 05:21:04 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = WerSvc | ID = 5007
Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 05:35:08 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = WerSvc | ID = 5007
Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 09:36:58 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = WerSvc | ID = 5007
Description =

[ System Events ]
Error - 09/02/2013 00:07:53 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = Microsoft-Windows-Servicing | ID = 4385
Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 00:07:53 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = Microsoft-Windows-Servicing | ID = 4375
Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 00:07:53 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = Microsoft-Windows-Servicing | ID = 4375
Description =

Description =

Description =

Description =

Description =

Description =

Description =

Error - 09/02/2013 04:09:19 | Computer Name = NadineC-PC | Source = HBtnKey | ID = 327684
Description =

< End of report >

Thanks

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi CameronB,

Yes it says that I am able to create recovery discs, I need 2 DVD's which I have already.

:thumbsup: Perfect! Go ahead and create those discs now if you'd like. Or you can wait till after we get the system up to date. The important thing is that we know you have the option to create them! :happy:

When you have completed creating the discs, please do the following:

• Click on Start and type Windows Update in the Start Search field.
  • In the left panel, click on Change Settings and make sure that Windows is set to install updates automatically as shown below.
    updates.JPG
  • Click on OK at the bottom of the screen. This should take you back to the previous Windows Update screen.

Next:

In the left pane, click on Check for updates. Do this until you are updated to SP2 and IE9. May take awhile to get it up to date.

We can continue with switching the AV once it is up to date. Please don't venture out into cyber space since Norton hasn't been set up yet. You are totally unprotected! :)

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna,

I'm going to wait until I get the system up to date until I do the recovery discs.

I have a query. I have now updated windows with SP1 6-7 times and after each time, I do a 'check for updates' and it finds SP1. Am I to keep installing this update until it gives me the option of SP2?
I have shutdown/rebooted a few times also to see if this made any difference, but it hasn't.
The updates after the first install of SP1 have been VERY fast, so not sure if anything is actually happening?

I'll keep doing this to see what happens but thought I would ask the question.

I've not been given any option for IE9 yet either.

Thanks

Edited by CameronB, 10 February 2013 - 06:46 AM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi CameronB,

On second thought, let's not wait to create those discs, just in case we come across a situation where we can not access the Recovery Partition. The Recovery Discs will only be a bootable copy of the Recovery Partition and will not include any of the Windows Updates that have installed thus far anyway.

As for SP1 that is repeatedly being offered through Check for updates:

I have a query. I have now updated windows with SP1 6-7 times and after each time, I do a 'check for updates' and it finds SP1. Am I to keep installing this update until it gives me the option of SP2?

• Please click on your Start and type Windows Update[/b] in the Start Search field.
  • In the left pane, click on View update history and allow time for the updates to populate.
  • Look for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) in the list.
Is it there? Does it display as installed successfully?

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna.

OK, recovery discs have been created.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) has been installed successfully 19..yes 19 times today :blink: lol
and it is still telling me that it is there as an available update.

FYI if it's any use,
Update for Windows Vista (KB937287) & (KB955430),
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950974)
and
Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)

have also been successfully installed today.

Thanks

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Wow! 19 times. Ok. Usually when an update is installed successfully and is offered repeatedly thereafter is due to the Common Log File System's (CLFS) System Log File being in an inconsistent state.

Please give me some time to think about how to approach this.

Thank you. :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

FYI if it's any use,
Update for Windows Vista (KB937287) & (KB955430),
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950974) and
Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
have also been successfully installed today.

Are these updates showing up as repeats or is it just SP1 that wants to repeatedly install?

CameronB

CameronB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Donna,

No these are not showing up as repeats, they look like they were uploaded with the first Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

Thanks