Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iMac 8GB good for editing HD videos?

• Please log in to reply

Leni0328

Leni0328

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am trying to figure out what computer to buy in order to edit HD videos. I want to be able to edit HD videos on Movie Maker or iMovie. I only edit my videos by trimming, adding music, and adding transitions. My videos are 15 to 20 minutes or less. I do not plan on playing games or anythng just video editing. I am considering getting the iMac 21.5"

Specifications for iMac 21.5"
8GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Processor Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i5
Processor Speed 2.7GHz
Graphics NVIDIA GT 640M
Video Memory 512MB GDDR5

I've asked people for advice at Best Buy, Apple store and frieds and everyone tells me something different. I do not know anything about computers so I am so confused. Help!!!!!!

This is the link of the computer
http://www.bestbuy.c...=specifications

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Hi Leni0328,
I have never used a MAC so am unable to give an opinion on suitability Others may come in with some help but I suggest you register at the below link and post there. Although they are geared to Adobe products and workstation rigs, I have seen many questions like yours posted. Nobody will reach out of the screen and attempt to strangle you for mentioning the word MAC. Please post me a link as I would be interested in any opinions given.
> http://forums.adobe..../hardware_forum

Good luck.