Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help removing 'System Progressive Protection'[Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
So I have some how gotten System Progressive Program Malware on my laptop.
It is my work laptop and the administration settings means I can not download software onto the computer to remove it.

Is there anyway of removing this software without the aid of downloadable software
How does one even get this malware anyway?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 7,491 posts
Hi thero_cpd,

My name is Donna and I'd love to help you clean your computer, though under normal circumstances we only offer help to clean malware from personal computers as pointed out in our Terms of Use. Please read the disclaimer under Section 3.b. which states:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Do you have an IT Dept.? Please explain.

With the administrative settings as they are, your IT Dept. may be the only solution to remove the malware if we can't download tools for the removal of this rogue program.

In the meantime, to answer your questions on how one even gets malware installed, please read the following links:

How did I get infected in the first place? by Tony Klein
How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected by quietman7
How to prevent Malware: by miekemoes

Thank you,

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 12 January 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.