Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, is good?

• Please log in to reply

exzodus

exzodus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

I'm building a new pc. I would like some comments on it. Comments like: is it good, all works with eachother and can i make a better build with te same price? I have to say im an amd fan. So thats why i choice amd, although i read online that intel gives a bit more preformance from the same price. (Is this correct?)

Here is my build:

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 (70,-)
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera (170,-)
Videocard: Club 3D Radeon HD 7750 (80,-)
Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 16 GB DDR3-1600 (70,-)

I already have the shell and a Hard drive Samsung 1 TB SATA II Hard Drive HD103UJ. This 2 im surely canna use.
But i also have a power supply but its the FSP300-60THA (1PF). I dont think it fits with the motherboard (right?), or otherwise doesnt give enough W (its 300)

Well anny advice or comments would be welcome,

Greats from Holland,

Exzodus

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: exzodus

AMD versus Intel is often a matter of personal preference but the intended use of the computer will dictate the amount of cores that the CPU should have and the amount of Ram required, what will the computers main use be.

The CPU and MB are compatible and the MB does support Kingston DDR3-1600 but to ensure compatibility check the memory support tab at the attached link to see if your potential Ram has been tested http://www.asrock.co...D/970 Extreme3/

The FSP PSU that you have does not have the 8 pin ATX connection that the MB requires + it is not powerful enough for the video card which requires a minimum 400W PSU that also has a supplemental power connection for the card.

exzodus

exzodus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thks for the reply,

i'm trying to build a good gaming pc.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Most users do not even use all 4 cores on a quad core CPU so an 8 core CPU would be a waste of your finances, choose a faster quad core CPU that is less expensive than the 8 core CPU and use the cash saved to improve other choices of hardware.

Example CPU http://www.amazon.co...G/?tag=pcp0f-21

16GB of Ram would also be overkill for gaming because like an 8 core CPU you will not utilize it and dropping to 8GB of Ram will again free up some cash, possibly to go towards purchasing the new PSU.

Can I ask what OS you will be using as I do not see one on your list.

NB: Just a FYI, CAD experts, programmers and people rendering videos are most likely to need an 8 core or HyperThreading CPU and 16GB and above Ram.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup: