OK, might as well uninstall that as we will not be using it again.
panda scan is in my programms
That is good then as there are a few available if the need to invoke one etc.
there a few restore points
Download the attached Catroot.bat(see below) to your desktop...
Then right-click on Catroot.bat and and select Run as Administrator to run the batch file. It will self-delete when completed.
Note: Your machine should automatically reboot after running the batch file. If it does not reboot your machine manually.
TFC(Temp File Cleaner):
- Please download TFC to your desktop,
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Right-click on TFC.exe and select Run as Administrator to run the program.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left of TFC
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
ESET Online Scanner:
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
Vista users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan...
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then right-click on nd select Run as Administrator it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is Not checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- Eset Log.