Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

loose internet connectivity with linksys e3000 router

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just upgraded by internet to AT&T uverse, which required me to instal a 2wire 3801HGV modem. My working setup is the following:

-Dell desktop wired to the 2wire
-D-link router wired to the 2wire

Everything works fine with this configuration. The Dell has internet connectivity and I have wireless access from either the 2wire or D-link

When I plug in my linksys e3000 router into the 2wire (LAN to LAN, as recommended by other), I have access to the e3000, but I loose internet connectivity, through the dell and e3000. I did not have this problem with the Motorola model I was using before.

Everything is still set to factory default setting except the IP on the e3000 is now, password has been changed and I have WPA2 security. I would like to keep using the e3000.

I have tried several things suggested on the web, but they either had not effect or made things worse.

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Try these directions instead. http://www.tomsguide...iew-1605-3.html I think you probably need to run LAN on the 2wire, into WAN on the E3000.