Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google won't load [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Should i do anything else after the last check ?

Advertisements

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

:P2P Warning!:

IMPORTANT I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Person to Person) File Sharing Programs on your computer.

Please note that as long as you are using any form of Peer-to-Peer networking and downloading files from non-documented sources, you can expect infestations of malware to occur
Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. That is no longer true. P2P programs form a direct conduit on to your computer, their security measures are easily circumvented and malware writers are increasingly exploiting them to spread their wares on to your computer. Further to that, if your P2P program is not configured correctly, your computer may be sharing more files than you realize. There have been cases where people's passwords, address books and other personal, private, and financial details have been exposed to a file sharing network by a badly configured program.

Please read these short reports on the dangers of peer-2-peer programs and file sharing.

FBI Cyber Education Letter
File sharing infects 500,000 computers
USAToday
infoworld

These logs are looking allot better. But we still have some work to do.

uninstall some programs

NOTE** Because of the cleanup process some of the programs I have listed may not be in add/remove anymore this is fine just move to the next item on the list.

You can remove these programs using add/remove or you can use the free uninstaller from Revo (it does allot better of a job

Programs to remove

µTorrent
Adobe Reader 9.5.2
BitComet 1.17
Java™ 6 Update 31
LimeWire 5.4.6
Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 (x86 en-US)
NOD32 v3.x FiX 1.1 by TemDono (Free Updates - Expire in 2050)

[/list]

• Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
  • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
  • From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
  • Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
  • when prompted click on Yes and then on next.
  • put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
  • when prompted select yes then on next
  • Once done click Finish.

Update Adobe reader

Recently there have been vulnerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.

You can download it from http://www.adobe.com.../readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you don't like Adobe Reader (53 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(7 MB) from here. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.

Note: When installing FoxitReader, be careful not to install anything to do with AskBar.
[/list]

Clean Out Temp Files

• This small application you may want to keep and use once a week to keep the computer clean.

Download CCleaner from here http://www.ccleaner.com/

• Run the installer to install the application.
  • When it gives you the option to install Yahoo toolbar uncheck the box next to it.
  • Run CCleaner. (make sure under Windows tab all the boxes of Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are checked. Under System check Empty Recycle Bin and Temporary Files. Under Application tab all the boxes should be checked).
  • Click Run Cleaner.
  • Close CCleaner.

: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :

I see you have MBAM installed - I think this is a great program and would like you to run a quick scan at this time

• Double-click mbam icon
  • go to the update tab at the top
  • click on check for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
  • If you accidentally close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Download HijackThis

• Go Here to download HijackThis program
  • Save HijackThis to your desktop.
  • Right Click on Hijackthis and select "Run as Admin" (XP users just need to double click to run)
  • Click on "Do A system scan and save a logfile" (if you do not see "Do A system scan and save a logfile" then click on main menu)
  • copy and paste hijackthis report into the topic

"information and logs"

• In your next post I need the following

• Log From MBAM
  • report from Hijackthis
  • let me know of any problems you may have had
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello

Why to uninstall mozilla and my anti virus?

Also i dont have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on my computer .

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Mozilla needs to be update

(Free Updates - Expire in 2050)<-- do I need to go into details in the forum?

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
So you think that i should pay for the anti virus,right ?

Edited by Lukka09, 18 January 2013 - 06:53 PM.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
or get a legal free one

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Can we proceed without me having to uninstall antivirus and utorrent and other useful programs ?

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Why not uninstall them for me just to make me happy - worst case scenario is you will have the latest version of these programs when you reinstall them when we are complete

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I won`t uninstall my anti virus,because i didnt install it in the first place and i wouldn`t know how to install it again.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
well the best thing to do then would be to uninstall it and I will get you a legit free one

Advertisements

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Why this bothers you so much ?

Edited by Lukka09, 19 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
I am just waiting for my reports you are the one making an issue about me pointing out that you are using illegal software.

I even told you that I cannot stop you from reinstalling it, All I am trying to do is give you my best advice - I am sorry if that this time you may not agree with it but that is it my best advice

Lukka09

Lukka09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
So tell me what to do next to see if its there something else that needs to be addressed.

I updated mozilla,java,adobe and other programs manually.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
I would like the reports from MBAM and hijackthis

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Greetings

I have not heard from you in a couple of days so I am coming by to check on you to see if you are having problems or you just need some more time.

Also to remind you that it is very important that we finish the process completely so as to not get reinfected. I will let you know when we are complete and I will ask to remove our tools

Gringo