Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer wont connect to internet?

• Please log in to reply

aaanh

aaanh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone!
So for some strange reason my Sony Vaio wont connect to the internet. I've never had this problem before...
I have my wireless switch turned on and the light is green, but when I try to connect to my network it says that there aren't any available because I need to turn on my wireless capability.
I have tried restarting my wireless router but it didn't work.. plus there are 3 other computers in the house that are working no problem.
& in the midst of it all I also accidentally deleted my network adapters #6 and #10

Any suggestions? Please and thank you!

Advertisements

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
How many network adapters is your machine showing? You should be able to go into Device Manager and rescan for the missing items, or restarting Windows will likely do the same thing. Chances are the deleted network adapters are keeping you off the internet. If windows does not detect the network adapters, you will have to go to Sony's website, and download the network drivers for your Vaio from another computer, put them on a USB stick, and then install them to the computer they are missing from.

aaanh

aaanh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have managed to get my adapters reinstalled, but im still having the same issue connecting to the internet. Also there are yellow exclamation marks next to 2 of the network adapters.

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Once again, how many adapters do you have, and how many are showing?