Rkill 2.4.5 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
Program started at: 01/14/2013 06:09:59 PM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
Checking for Windows services to stop:
* No malware services found to stop.
Checking for processes to terminate:
* C:\Documents and Settings\Missy\Local Settings\Application Data\GetBooks\GetBooks.exe (PID: 2712) [UP-HEUR]
1 proccess terminated!
Checking Registry for malware related settings:
* No issues found in the Registry.
Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.
Performing miscellaneous checks:
* No issues found.
Checking Windows Service Integrity:
* atapi [Missing ImagePath]
Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:
* C:\WINDOWS\System32\sfcfiles.dll [NoSig]
Checking HOSTS File:
* HOSTS file entries found:
Program finished at: 01/14/2013 06:10:36 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 37 seconds(s)
Ran VIPRERescue and did a full scan. Downloaded MBAM again and get the same errors as above when trying to install and run.
Downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, installed and received error creating shortcuts, aborting installation.
Still can't open control panel, internet explorer, system restore from system tools, etc.