Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No one Lives forever 2 Crash (dump attached)

• Please log in to reply

Yhe1

Yhe1

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello, I have an issue with NOLF 2

I install the game fine, patched to 1.3 fine. However, sometimes when I click on new game, It would lock up at the loading of the first cutscene. It does not happen every time, but maybe about half of the time. I have tried compatible modes and run as admin. It would say that the "The program lithtech.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed". I have to close it with Task Manager.

I am playing with the No CD patch from here and this problem does not exist for contract jack.

My specs are Win 7 x64

At mobile Raedon 3670 with 10.6 drivers

Dell XPS 1640 4gb ram core 2 duo 2.26

I have also tried disabling animated loading screen, hardware sound and cursor.

Thanks much for any help!

I've created a Dump from right clicking on Task Manager after the application hanged. It is uploaded on to dropbox. Can somebody take a look of it for me? Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.co...02/Lithtech.DMP

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I think it's a compatbility issue. If the fix I point you too doesn't work, I'll try and find my copy of the game and see if I can try it out. Since the fixes are rather long winded, look at posts #4 and #5 at http://www.sevenforu...rever-2-a.html.

Yhe1

Yhe1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
It's a different issue, I think their issue is caused by the games explorer, I encountered that issue before too, but my hangs are always at the first cutscene.

Edited by Yhe1, 16 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.