Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Looking for a reasonably priced laptop/netbook

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
My main concern was the first one listed. It did not list the amount of ports. My interest in the second is also largely due to its processor and graphics chip. I do have some concerns over the price and I am likely to buy the 2 year replacement warranty. Downside being it is an extra 180 dollars. I am still looking around. I just want to avoid Windows 8 at all costs.

Looking at a Dell Vostro 3560
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Processor (2.50GHz, with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10GHz)

Windows 7 Professional with XP Mode

15.6 Inch LED Screen (720p)

500 GB HD

AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M 1GB

6 GB of RAM

A few features of this laptop

It would cost me 769.00 dollars

Would you say its worth it?

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B005PAIXH2

Would this one be a better deal?

Edited by RebelGamer137, 25 January 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
The Dell is good but does cost more so I would choose the ASUS who BTW make excellent products, before you make your final decision here are a couple more less expensive options http://www.tigerdire...2227&CatId=4937 and http://www.tigerdire...3329&CatId=4937

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
If I was going to decided between those two HP laptops which one would you guys reccomend?

Intel Core i5-2520M Vs AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M

Is there a significant difference? The pro book also seems to have a newer graphics card. It also has a bigger hard drive.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The cpu issue is not important. I myself would go for the bigger hd and better graphics especially if you play games or watch a lot of videos.

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
The AMD is also listed as faster 2.70 vs 2.50 GHz. I know that can be different varying on some stuff though. The pro book does seem to have better stuff with the graphics card and HD.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am partial to AMD but the other computers that belong to family members all have Intel.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Another plus for the Probook is the 15.6" display as opposed to the Elitebooks 14" display.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good point Phill. :thumbsup: