Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Shutdown while Playing

• Please log in to reply

HavinBigProblem

HavinBigProblem

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

Since a few weeks my pc is automatically shutting down after a few time playing Games (like League of Legends or Skyrim). After he shut down he automatically restarts.. I already did a lot, let the pc clean up and the temperature is fine again(before it was 90*) but now it didnt change anything... He is still shutting down, do you know what to do? Thanks, to everyone who tries to help me...
Here some information:
Prozessor: Intel Pentium D830 Stepping:B0
Technology: 32-bit Intel EM64T
Grafic Card: Radeon X1950 Pro (512 MB)
System: Windows 7 Enterprise
Chip: Intel 945P Express Workstation (82945P MCH + 82801GR ICH7R) PCI Chipset
2992.3 MHz (aktuell: 2992.3 MHz)
Speicher(dont know the word on english.. its like "working space...") 3326 MB

Advertisements

Mavasilisk

Mavasilisk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Wow, 90*C is wayyyy too hot for a CPU. Check if ur heatsink is properly set and also check the thermal paste below it sink. Restarting while playing games is usually an overheating problem.The PC restarts itself to keep itself from "melting" on the floor.

HavinBigProblem

HavinBigProblem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First ty for your reply.. I just did a screen with SpeedFan, it looks like this one:

speedfan.png

I think, since it cant really be the heatness it will be the Graphic Card, it isnt the best, i used it for very long and its a kinda old version..

Edited by admin, 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.
moved photo to locally hosted

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello HavinBigProblem

The Speedfan results do indeed show that your temperatures are too high and this would cause the system to shutdown, the results however are also missing certain details that we need so please run HWMonitor and provide a screenshot for us http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Once the above is done we should have a look at your HDD storage capacity as you say in your OP "its like "working space...") 3326 MB" and we need to check if this is your HDD information.

Please use the method below to take a screenshot and then upload it;

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison.

Go to Start then to Run/Search
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On the left side click on Disk Management
On the right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply.
Follow the same steps as above to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.