Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doing file Repair for Windows XP via usb that wont bootup properly

• Please log in to reply

1SoftwareTrainer

1SoftwareTrainer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently the windows xp computer had recovered from an unknown error and ever since that it is suddenly 70% slower on the windows programs and takes alsmot 10 min to load windows, it used to take 1 min. The doss games still works fast, yet the windows games are now slow

i did a memcheck enough memory is available
i did a chkdsk no errors
i id an hd disk monitor check no errors on hd

There has been a powerfailure once before so i am guesing some of the files must have corrupted so i want to do a file repair

problem 1 the cd rom has power and doesnt read cd's and doesnt display in explorer

solution to boot from usb
problem trying to boot from usb, i was using win2flash and got a boot screen and when i select setup nothing happens and eventualy boots from hd again

in bios it does read usb rdm fdd though strangely it did read the usb on bootup yet it didnt execute the win setup.

Since i was trying to do a install repair from usb and however cant get usb to boot up
i am using wintoflash version 54

alternatively i tried sfc andtriedto change sourcepath to usb and yet it still ask me for cd, what else must i change in the registry?

any light on this subject will be admirable

and i will be most greatfull for your help

Thank you.

Advertisements