Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No monitor display; need to reformat computer

• Please log in to reply

fubitzu

fubitzu

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Good Day guys,

I have a friend of mine who wants me to reformat his computer. Its easy to reformat computer but I have a problem regarding
to his monitor, when he turn on computer the monitor doesn't display anything. The computer turns on but no display at all.
I think its a hardware problem so I posted it here. What could be the problem?? Can you give advise here. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

What could be the problem??

The problem here Fubitzu could be a faulty graphics card, if that is what your friend is using, or a faulty graphics chip on the motherboard if he is using that.

Before we go down this road though have you tried hooking the monitor to a good known working machine to see if the monitor is ok?

If you have already tried this and the monitor is ok then get back to us to tell us what aspect of graphics he is using please.