Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with laptop HDD.Freezing and running very slow

• Please log in to reply

FreeMayk

FreeMayk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi m8s

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite L750-1N3.
I have a problem with laptop hdd.
Couple days ago i started to watch movie and got not responding VLC program. After restart waited 15 minutes to get system ready. All apps crashing or i need to wait around 15sec. to start.
I decided to install new OS. I waited around 3h for new OS. New OS was work same like a old one.
After that i delete and format partition, and create 2 new one. Also try with Win8. Before win8 i was use win7.
Same thing. Around 3h installation. All was slow and freeze any action. I tried to install OS from my desktop pc with laptop hdd. Same thing...
HDD was checked with windows check disk. All is fine. Without any bad sector.

Tnx in advance ;)

All best

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi FreeMayk,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Since your problem didn't seem to be a malware issue, I had one of the moderators move it to the Win7 forum since you mentioned that Win7 was installed before you installed Win8 trying to fix your problems.

I'll need you to answer a few questions before I can help you. Please answer each question below the best you can.

You said:

Before win8 i was use win7.

Did win7 come installed on the laptop when you bought it new?

Do you have any discs that were made from the recovery manager of that laptop after you bought the laptop?

Did it come with any discs?

How old is this laptop? Is it still under warranty?

Can you read the sticker on the bottom of the laptop that has what OS was installed and the 25 digit alphanumeric Product Key on it? You will need that number to get the laptop back to the way it was before.

Donna :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi FreeMayk,

Are you still in need of help?

Donna :)